• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's going on? Mutoh or Flexi?

Graphics2u

Ever since I upgraded to Flexi 8.6 and my ValueJet a few months ago I have had this happen probably on about a dozen prints. Always in nearly the same location on the print, just a couple inches into it. Looks like it has a glitch that stops and starts to print the last 1\4" to 3\8" section of print but then coninues on normal until the end of the print.

What do you think is it a Flexi Problem or a Printer problem? The preview in the Flexi job properties looks fine.

?????:banghead:

Attachments

• problem2.jpg
    problem2.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 117

gabagoo

I have Flexi but not a Mutoh and have periodically seen this happen....usually when I change an ink cartridge in the middle of a print and the printer had to wait more than 5 minutes for slave boy to change it (me!)

bendeane

I had this happen a few times when we got Flexi 8.6 and our VJ1614. I hadn't run the update and wasn't using the latest build. I'm using it on Windows 7 so I thought maybe that had something to do with it. Mine weren't running the entire length of the print, but they were similar to what yours looked like. In the attached image, you can see the Y and the dollar bill have it, but not the hyphen or the H. I updated to the latest build (1472) and haven't seen the problem since. Not sure if that did the trick or if I just haven't run into it lately (it's been 3 months since I've seen it).

Attachments

• PC300939.jpg
    PC300939.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 110

randya

Flexi...

Make sure you are on the latest update.

You may want to back up all your work and Profiles and Clear Preferences as well.

You can send the file repeatedly without reripping and it will still occur randomly, but it is the RIP.

Steph_Stamm

I had this happen a few times when we got Flexi 8.6 and our VJ1614. I hadn't run the update and wasn't using the latest build. I'm using it on Windows 7 so I thought maybe that had something to do with it. Mine weren't running the entire length of the print, but they were similar to what yours looked like. In the attached image, you can see the Y and the dollar bill have it, but not the hyphen or the H. I updated to the latest build (1472) and haven't seen the problem since. Not sure if that did the trick or if I just haven't run into it lately (it's been 3 months since I've seen it).

That issue was fixed in build 1472. For anyone who isn't sure how to download the latest build, from Flexi go to Help > "Check for software updates" and then click the green download icon next to the build. Right now build 1472 is the latest and greatest. Good luck!

Graphics2u

That issue was fixed in build 1472. For anyone who isn't sure how to download the latest build, from Flexi go to Help > "Check for software updates" and then click the green download icon next to the build. Right now build 1472 is the latest and greatest. Good luck!
I'm running build 1465 so that may explain it! Wish I would have know that before I just ruined 40' of 3651!

Thanks for the input everyone, Time to update!

Compilla

Stephanie,
Welcome to S101!

:clapping:

randya

Great to see you here!

Graphics2u

Thanks Everyone! :notworthy: Build 1472 must have taken care of it. What's really frustrating is I think I had already applied that upgrade a couple months ago and when my computer crashed with a virus last month I did a compltete recovery and hadn't checked for updates again yet. :doh:

stanekl

HI! I have the same problem on my VJ1304 with Flexi 8.6v2 build 1472. After many reinstalls I am getting the same problem with double lines. I discovered that it is only happening when the recieving light on printer stops flashing and stays for a while. Any help, please?