• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help What's Happening Here? Printer Issue

PrinterPower

Unoffical Printer IT
Good evening, everyone.

I'm currently experiencing an issue with my company's Roland Soljet Pro III XC 540. When I print black letters on glossy, white material, this is the result:

b9XjBtk.jpg

This was with Bi-Directional printing, but also happen with Uni-Directional Printing. Splatters seem to be mostly black and magenta. Profile was Hi-Gloss with Grey Adhesive.

Here's a list of what I've done to try and fix it:

-Calibrated printer with Bi-Directional Adjustment
-Clean heads, around cap area, and wipers
- Clean Nozzle B with a Normal Clean and Test Printed:
j6xQ2av.jpg

Bi-Directional Adjustments are as follows: H1- -5, H2- 0, H3- 0, H4- -5, H5- -9, H6- -4, Saved in Setting 1.

Any Ideas?

DJr

I had the same printer. It looks like you need a new print head on a couple of inks. Are your test prints after a manual clean was done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrinterPower

Unoffical Printer IT
As you can see in the test you have a lot of deflected nozzles. You might need a service tech to come in and evaluate. Maybe you already know this if so sorry for the redundancy.

Actually, I didn't! I knew the test isn't supposed to be completely straight but nothing about deflected nozzles. Thanks!

DJr

Sorry didn't know how much you knew. All of those lines should be straight and not missing. So the ink droplets outside of your letters are nozzles firing in the wrong direction causing an overspray effect if you will. Good luck I hope this helps you get to the bottom of the issue.

PrinterPower

Unoffical Printer IT
Sorry didn't know how much you knew. All of those lines should be straight and not missing. So the ink droplets outside of your letters are nozzles firing in the wrong direction causing an overspray effect if you will. Good luck I hope this helps you get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks! I'm assuming I'll need a tech for realigning the nozzles? As this is not my printer, I don't want to be too hasty in pulling it apart.

Hey PrinterPower,

Based on the first photo above, it’s suspected that the heads are simply in need of maintenance and/or static is causing this deflection/over-spray issue. However, since the standard maintenance cleanings have not helped, it's most likely a result of ESD (Electro-Static Discharge), the material's susceptibility to static and/or dirty/faulty printing components.

We’ve published a static bulletin available for viewing here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D...es/Static Suppression for Roland Printers.pdf. (Don't forget to check other causes, such as humidity around the printer, not just the room temp)

You'll have to verify the environmental conditions for the printer. It's recommended to take at meter that can measure the humidity “at” the printer. If it's out of operating range, then adjust the room environment to get the humidity to an acceptable range (the values are found in the specifications section of the user manual).

Additionally, it's possible that the print head is the source of this issue. For any head related problems failure, please contact your authorized Roland servicer to have the printer repaired.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

papabud

Lone Wolf
yes your test print is a mess.
the missing areas are blocked jets, the heavy printed areas are deflected jets.
it should be a nice pretty straight evenly spaced lines.
i would run several heavy cleanings. manually clean your head or look at replacing it.
a deflected jet is usually from an almost blocked jet. if you ever lived somewhere with hard water. just picture your shower head.
once all the hard water starts getting in it, your shower sprays everywhere and then they get blocked.

Dave L.

I would look REALLY hard on the bottom of your print carriage. Looks like an eyelash/hair is "wicking" the ink and dragging it a little. Clean not only around heads, also the bottom face of the carriage and sides, get a flashlight up there and you'll see some residue hanging down i reckon.

Asuma01

My vote goes to Static issues. If you determine static is not the issue, and you are sure the heads are as clean as they will get, then I would say a head replacement is in order. How old is the printer? How much material has gone through it?

PrinterPower

Unoffical Printer IT
Thanks for the suggestions guys! We replaced the wipers after finding the magenta and black heads were not being wiped properly. I will keep all these suggestions for further use!