• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats method you guys use for hemming mesh banners?

0igo

Don't really print mesh banners but got an order from a customer and he wants the banners hemmed. Looking to invest money into a new machine if I have to. Is there anything out there for under 400?

Johnny Best

We use to sew ours also, but found out Signs365
sewer.jpg
was cheaper

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969
A little more than you want to spend but it is a pretty good machine - lots of support for someone new to sewing.
We have one and it has done well for the last 5 years or so with moderate to low use.
If you have some sewing experience you can most likely get a better machine used. I wouldn't want second hand gear if I didn't know enough to be able to set it up correctly and fix anything that was not right.

wayne k
guam usa

visual800

Don't really print mesh banners but got an order from a customer and he wants the banners hemmed. Looking to invest money into a new machine if I have to. Is there anything out there for under 400?

why dont you just sub out the banners on signs2trade and be done with it instead of investing in a machine yourself. I bet you will make more money and wont have the hassle of a machine laying around doing nothing.

You do not have to everything in house to be sucessful

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

bannertime

Since nearly all the mesh banners we do are long and suspended we have them sewn with nylon webbing and d-rings. Last job was up for 18 months through two Texas storm seasons. Only failure was were the vendor had seamed a panel together. Failed at about 5 months. Was fixed and lasted the remaining time.

Sign consultant

There is no point to purchase something just for this bunner...if you really have a chain if order so go a head and pyrchase.
But there are a long list of companies that can get you good product with affordable price. .