• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What's on your desk?

bannertime

Taking a short lunch break. Just curious about some of the random things that are always on your desk. Not work orders or pens, but the odd stuff. More than I care to admit, over the past few years, a single stick of deodorant has saved me. I also keep a tape ribbon, micrometer, and a Shaviv edge tool. It's strange to me how often I use them from my desk. I figured some of you guys and gals probably have some pretty weird stuff at your desk.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Food menus, a clock timer, and assortment screws, business cards, cords, a fork, some felt squeegees, rulers, a charger.... but I don't remember for what, old backup tapes, glasses, hand grenade, a buncha drink tokens, gold leaf patch, dust mask, napkins, two 'D' batteries,drill bits, paper plates, tape measure, 2 staplers, can of spotted dick, tape recorder, a can of loose coins,, 4 calculators, millions of papers and lotsa things I can't identify anymore..

bannertime

Does the grenade at least have the "pull pin for complaint" phrase on it? I also have a few calculators, but the one I like the most has half the face pulling off and tape all over it. I have one exactly like it, but I can't bring myself to use it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope. It's actually a real grenade, but the guts were removed and now it's just a dummie. But it still scares people. I lost the pin and put a bobby pin in it. I ought to get an 'O' ring or something and stick it on there.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I don't have much random stuff on my desk but i do have quite a bit on it.

Random stuff: mints. That is really it. Rest is work related. apart from my computer + Laptop. I have my LFP on it, next to that is a Epson p600 which is used for proofing. next to that i have a bunch of 220x300mm pieces of rigid material for calibrating and profiling(i.e Glass, aluminium, pcv..) Box of blue masking tape. Tape measure. I've got one of those pen holder tray things full of pens that dont work. A few sharpies that do work. paint pens. scissors ect.
There's also a stack of $100 notes with my face on it.

Last edited:

2B

thumbs drives, bottle opener, hockey puck, 3 bottles of eye drops, numerous round of different ammo, glass figurine

the other stuff is work related, exacto blades, camera, note pads, etc.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Iphone, Clock, Pantone book, calculator, post-it notes everywhere, an N Glantz stress football, thumb drives, Clean Cut plotter blade boxes, a spiral notebook, my Oakley's, and just today, a vintage brick (late 70's) of Winchester Wildcat .22 ammo my boss brought to me.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
A collection of Mont Blanc pens, a wooden hand that gives people the middle finger, a cup of pistachios, a tally count of Frank Feller Catalog Selfies for the last 5 years, a stack of super important business cards that I will never get to, 10 fabric books from overseas, 50 magazine article leads that I will never follow up on, and a seth thomas metronome. Oh yeah, about 200 swatches of crazy products from all over the globe.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A Valuejet heater junction board that is fried, 2 fried JV3 slider boards, fried GX24 panel board, fried GS6000 main board, 60ml syringe, jeweler's loupe, set of allen wrenches, etc. I am learning to fix fried boards in my spare time so I have a little collection building.

2B

A Valuejet heater junction board that is fried, 2 fried JV3 slider boards, fried GX24 panel board, fried GS6000 main board, 60ml syringe, jeweler's loupe, set of allen wrenches, etc. I am learning to fix fried boards in my spare time so I have a little collection building.

mmmmm fried, makes me think of skillet fried chicken, fried okra and buttery corn on the cob,
or maybe it is because "lunch" was spent doing a site evaluation

mfatty500

Pink Highlighter, double A batteries, packing tape dispenser (empty), beer can, beer tops, phone, tape measure, razor blades, printer, Beer can, oh, did I mention Beer can?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Proud to say the most important item on my desk is the picture of my wife. Other than that, couple of coffee mugs and typical office crap. Now above my desk hangs a header from the boss/owners 'Cuda. Removed it about 6 years ago to restore the car. Still in his garage to this day.

• Agree
Reactions: 2B

Chris...

I work from home, so you never know what will show up on my desk

Attachments

• hedgie.JPG
    hedgie.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 184

Gino

Premium Subscriber

I hope you know, too much fried stuff is bad for your health. Try some leafy greens and maybe that baby porcupine, but just don't fry it.

Just the usual necessities on my desk. Stapler, calculator, stack of work orders, computer, cell phone, office phone, tape measure, calipers, precision ruler, post it notes, ink pen, FireSprint coaster, and a giant eraser that says "for BIG mistakes". Besides the eraser, the only item that may be deemed unusual is my bracelet and wedding ring. I wear them to work, but not at work. I'm afraid I'll scratch the paint or cause other damage to whatever I'm working on, so I just avoid that problem all together.