• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats the best way to install stripes on a coragated surface?--?--?--?

decalman

I have stumbled on this somewhat in the past. I'm looking for a better way to installing a 5 inch thick stripe, and then expands out to 12inches thick and its 25 foot long on an aluminum corrugated vehicle. I want to improve my present technique which takes to long, and has too many drum rolls. You know, the curves rec the stability. I look forward to tapping your knowledge on this. Thanks

Enclosed is a pic of a similar surface

Attachments

• IMG_20161127_165742.jpg
    IMG_20161127_165742.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 223

visual800

either paint them on the siding OR have aluminum cut to make a stripe and install on top of it OR walk away

WrapSpot

Would knifeless tape work for you? Run the top and bottom of the stripe in knifeless tape, then put down a wider piece of vinyl. Pull the knifeless tape and take off the excess vinyl.

If you are using something with air egress, I would place the stripe up there, and mark it location every few feet with a dry erase marker or similar. Then use a foam paint roller. You can get them up to like 6" and they work great for something like that. Start from one side working my way towards the other side with some decent pressure. Then when it is all on there, go over it again and should be fine.