• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the name of that book?

There is a book concerning logo design that keeps coming up in conversation lately around here. One of the big graphic design gurus on this board is the author. I want to purchase it but can't remember the name of the book or the author. Does anyone know the book I'm referring to? I googled logo design and layout books and came up with nothing. Thanks for the help.

Marlene

Oops! Nevermind. I just stumbled onto it in another post. It's the book by Mike Stevens.

the Mike Stevens book is a classic and a must read. Mike isn't a member here as he died some time back in the 1980's, but his principals of layout and design are sound and are still a must know.

SignManiac

Yes not only was Mike a gifted sign painter / designer, but to our benefit, a gifted writer! I sleep with his book under my pillow :)

mikey-Oh

Still stand by my post, Dan Antonelli's a contibuting big GD guru of the board and his book concerns logo designs, not layouts.
I have the Stevens' book, I continue to try and plow through it... someday, I will finish.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Mike Stevens book is NOT a logo book... it's a layout book.

Craig Sjoquist

All 3 are must read books.

I'm there are others that people have read and received outstanding advice.

Oh yea this comes up about once a year.

Dan Antonelli

There's about 50 articles you can download from my site which you may find useful as well (and they're free!). http://www.graphicd-signs.com/about-published-works

I'm knee-deep into my third book. 1st quarter release I hope (and pray). It's kicking my butt, so to speak. But most of the heavy lifting is done. I feel like the first two came so easy - or maybe I just forgot how hard the whole process was since I did them 8+ years ago! :)

got my dan antonelli books delivered ashort time ago(an early christmas present from my wife)....great, great read so far and am so happy with them! well worth getting and dan is an amazing guy who contributes alot on this forum.

Terremoto

The logo design book that I refer to regularly is Leslie Cabarga's, "Logo, Font, and Lettering Bible."

http://www.lesliecabarga.com/

When you order it direct from Leslie he'll send you back a signed copy. If you call the number on the contact page Leslie actually answers the phone. Imagine that!

If my copy were ever lost or stolen I would get on the horn and order up a replacement immediately.

Dan