• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats your average phone call per week

thewvsignguy

Our retail office has only been open in a rural, tourist based area for 1 year. 99% of our business in Internet based and trying to drum up local business will take some time. There are 2 other sign makers/shops in the area that have been around for years and although we can compete, our on line sales keep us busy. To answer your question honestly we get 5-10 call a week for local business and from those calls 50% turn into sales.

FrankenSigns.biz

I think you're going to get answers all over the board, depending on the size of each shop.

If i had to guess, on average, I"d say we get well over 100 calls a week.

iSign

I'm sure I'm closer to 100 total business related customers, not counting telemarketers... but not all "potential" clients... several are repeat clients, and several for continued discussion of jobs in progress..

new prospects or quote requests, maybe 25 to 50

Jillbeans

I get equal amounts of "real" phone calls (non telemarketers) and emails via my website.
I prefer the emails, myself, as I get more actual work from them.
Love....Jill

klemgraphics

Probably about 50 phone calls(not all new potential customers) and maybe 75 e-mails which I too like the e-mails better.

TheSnowman

I'm a one man shop, our business has been around 30+ years now. It used to ring probably 10 or so times a day, and most would be sales. Five years ago we moved into a more downtown shop, now I get probably 8 drop in's a day wanting pricing on stuff, just wasting my time, and I get A LOT of stuff through email now. When I get things through email, it's from established customers that already know me, and don't need estimates, etc, they just say DO IT, so that's a WAY better thing for me to get.

Now days...sometimes my phone only rings once a day...but I'm still working away with other means of people placing orders.

Pat Whatley

According to my phone bills I'm getting about 150 phone calls a week.

I'd estimate them as:

-10% telemarketers, magazine surveys, internet directory updates
-20% personal calls
-20% incoming orders from existing customers
-20% price shoppers, quote requests, questions about services from potential customers
-30% follow up communications about existing orders