• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's your most profitable item? Why?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Fund generation products...it helps our customers raise money for their school, library, hospital, etc. They require very little selling on our part.

JB

Jillbeans

Anything I get to paint.
Because paint is less expensive than vinyl and hardly anyone else can do it.
Love....Jill

James Burke

I don't think anybody is going to divulge their competetive advantage with these things, so it'll be up to you to see what works best for you and your markets.

JB

signguy 55

I did forget two things that are the most profitable to me.

One is race car lettering. You sacrifice several hundred dollars of time and materials, the driver lets you put your name on a decal about 3" x 5". The phone never stops ringing because of the free work you did for advertising space for Joe Schmo Racing.

Also lettering big trucks, wreckers, fuel tankers, etc. Letter the first one to see what it looks like, once the others get repainted at the local body shop they will send all their trucks to you.

J

john1

I make the most from 1" vinyl stars that go on strippers tops...I sell a ton.

rjssigns

When I weld for hire. Very little input/overhead and most people can't do it. My equipment was mere pennies compared to what I invested in printing.

SignManiac

My most profitable area is design. Design is what allows me to sell my dimensional sign work for thousands and thousands of dollars. Without it, I would have to sell stickers.

James Burke

My most profitable area is design. Design is what allows me to sell my dimensional sign work for thousands and thousands of dollars. Without it, I would have to sell stickers.

Wishin' Fred would install a "like" button...but for now, this will have to do :thumb:

HB

J

john1

Wishin' Fred would install a "like" button...but for now, this will have to do :thumb:

HB

True, Design is pretty profitable. I just dislike "change this, change that, no change it back to that, my cousins friends boyfriend is a designer and he does it this way"

That's why you charge for X amount of revisions :)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Attachments

• rate.jpg
    rate.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 62

SignManiac

heh heh, I always wondered where those stars originated from? In my best Paul Harvey voice... “And now you know (dramatic pause) the rest of the story.