• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's your preferred double sided banner product?

rfulford

I am having some issues with my current double sided banner. There is nothing worse than a hickey or a streak in a double sided banner caused by media. I seem to be getting a log of these mediocre rolls lately and I am losing work because I need to factor in reprints. I am looking for a 15 to 18 oz smooth blockout that is latex printable. I used to use Key Blockout but I hear they are having some issues with latex printing. Any thoughts are appreciated.

rfulford

Fabric is not an option. When these jobs come in, the turn times are real tight. The client will give me whatever I say I can handle. I need a reliable product I can run all out without having to worry about media defects.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
I like the UltraFlex 18oz Pole banner for double sided banners, never buckles or headstrikes on us like lighter materials always would. It's a little costly but not as much IMO as loosing a 20'-30' banner on the 2nd side of printing. Not sure if there is a Latex version or if it's compatible but be there is.

ProColorGraphics

Mehler textiles has some awesome banner materials! They are more on the higher end. Price isn't too bad, but shipping adds up quick. Let me know if you need a contact.

dypinc

I like the UltraFlex 18oz Pole banner for double sided banners, never buckles or headstrikes on us like lighter materials always would. It's a little costly but not as much IMO as loosing a 20'-30' banner on the 2nd side of printing. Not sure if there is a Latex version or if it's compatible but be there is.

UltraFlex 18oz Pole Banner like the rest of their banner line is not compatible with Latex. Of course you could wipe off the plasticizers with alcohol and it will print somewhat okay.

The best 18oz double sided banner I have found it from Milano. Double Sided Blockout Banner Vinyl
And the shipping costs are great if you take a least 2 rolls.

As for 15oz double sided Key Banner I have not had any problems with it on the Latex.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use the 15oz Key blockout exclusively as our banner of choice on latex. We negotiated our price to within .01 of the other 13oz brands we used to use. On the latex we just turn the vacuum off for all banner material.

ArkansasSign

We use the 15oz Key blockout exclusively as our banner of choice on latex. We negotiated our price to within .01 of the other 13oz brands we used to use. On the latex we just turn the vacuum off for all banner material.

Thank you for this information. We have been encountering multiple head strike issues with the 15oz Key Blockout. I have not tried turning off vacuum but had a feeling it was being grabby. Do you put it on the take-up reel before you start printing or just make sure it's past the felt pads?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Thank you for this information. We have been encountering multiple head strike issues with the 15oz Key Blockout. I have not tried turning off vacuum but had a feeling it was being grabby. Do you put it on the take-up reel before you start printing or just make sure it's past the felt pads?

We Turn the Vacuum off, and feed the material just past the edge of the curing ramp. We also use the curing pads to prevent the surface coating from sticking to the ramp.

nate

UltraFlex 18oz Pole Banner like the rest of their banner line is not compatible with Latex. Of course you could wipe off the plasticizers with alcohol and it will print somewhat okay.

Well that's not even remotely being close to accurate. We go through pallets of 3meter Ultraflex SuperPrint 13oz here with no issues. If you're finding plasticizers have moved to the top chances are it's because your roll is older and should be swapped out with your vendor or wiped down with alcohol (and the next time you're at a show see who's banner media is in the larger latex machines).

The newer smaller latex machines have rollers in them to help fix these issues w/o any need for swapping out.