• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats your shop layout look like.

altereddezignz

What does everyone's shop look like? How is your shop laid out? Post up pics and any information that might go along with it.
Best tools you have purchased.
Best printer.
Best Laminator.
Best Plotter.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Believe it or not....we consider our specific shop layout part of our competitive advantage. It's far from rocket science, mind you, but we've tweaked and tuned things long enough to make huge improvements in throughput without investing significant amounts in capital. At first glance, it appears to be a real "sleeper", but seeing things in action is another story.

When first starting my business, I used to work for a tier 2 automotive supplier. I quickly learned that lean manufacturing and 5S are more than catch phrases with the management.

JB

CanuckSigns

he's ours, don't mind the mess, we've been to busy to clean for the last 4 months!

Attachments

• shop.jpg
    shop.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 264

Split76

I'm interested about this too. I'm trading my summa s2 140t for Summa F and wondering about best layout for machines.. 15 years and i'm still not sure how to place those hahahhaa..
Best printer for me is hp360 (previous few rolands/hp) , i sold my roll laminator and we use CWT for laminating, only used summa cutters (20 years) and very happy with those. I like my keencut evolution and steeltrak for cutting.

altereddezignz

Holy questions batman...

If this is in reference to me asking questions then let me ASK you this question?? Why not? I mean what else is this forum here for?
Its not to look at bc it seems as if a lot of others have asked questions.

If this is not in reference to me well then i said it wither way lol.:Big Laugh

If this is in reference to me asking questions then let me ASK you this question?? Why not? I mean what else is this forum here for?
Its not to look at bc it seems as if a lot of others have asked questions.

If this is not in reference to me well then i said it wither way lol.:Big Laugh

I'm pretty sure the idea is that you asked about people's shop layouts then went on another tangent altogether asking about things that are completely irrelevant to the first question. At the very least, two separate posts would be the best approach, imo.

altereddezignz

I'm pretty sure the idea is that you asked about people's shop layouts then went on another tangent altogether asking about things that are completely irrelevant to the first question. At the very least, two separate posts would be the best approach, imo.

I guess i worded my questions wrong then. I started this to see more what everyone's shops looked like as well as what you best purchases where weather it be printer, Tools, Laminator, Plotter and so on.

Sorry for the confusion.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
How do you create the Google walk throughs?

There are companies that will come in and take multiple photos through your operation and they have some kind of software that will stitch them together and create the walkthrough. We staged everything in the shop and they came in and were done in about 30 minutes for the entire operation. Took about a week and they upload it to google maps.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/streetview/earn/

Here's how to find a google trusted photographer to do it. https://www.google.com/streetview/hire/

We have a link on our website that visitors can take the tour.

CanuckSigns

There are companies that will come in and take multiple photos through your operation and they have some kind of software that will stitch them together and create the walkthrough. We staged everything in the shop and they came in and were done in about 30 minutes for the entire operation. Took about a week and they upload it to google maps.

Here's how to find a google trusted photographer to do it. https://www.google.com/streetview/hire/

has it had any effect on your business? or is it just more of a cool thing to have?

TrustMoore_TN

This is the nicest looking Sign shop I have ever seen.

Thanks Pete! We try to keep it as clean and organized as possible. All of the sales offices, conference room and owners office are right off the graphics department so we have clients come through for tours all the time and want to make the best impression possible. Believe me - right now its clean but the tables are full of production and it can get messy fast, but we do a clean up at the end of each day.

TrustMoore_TN

has it had any effect on your business? or is it just more of a cool thing to have?

From the feedback we've gotten, it gives our clients and prospects a sense of the scale of the operation and the confidence we are have the equipment and resources to handle most any project that comes in, without having to visit our facility in person. We have clients nationwide and some of our largest clients aren't located in the area, so we'll invite them to take a look at the walkthrough to "virtually" tour the facility.

reQ

VERY nice! I will have to steal some ideas for my shop also. And the first one will be magnetic board for tracking jobs :D

ExecuPrintGS

a hot mess :covereyes:

seriously though, we moved here 3 years ago doubling our space and 1.5 years in we were out of room. Looking to expand into the space next to us and double in size again... been waiting for that for 6 months.
Cant wait to have some elbow room.

TrustMoore_TN

VERY nice! I will have to steal some ideas for my shop also. And the first one will be magnetic board for tracking jobs :D

Thank you! It's actually vertical Velcro strips on direct printed PVC with horizontal strips of velcro on the back of direct printed coro placards that were also direct printed. Use WET erase markers to write in the job info and just run them under water to wash off the marker and let them air dry (or use a paper towel).

reQ

Thank you! It's actually vertical Velcro strips on direct printed PVC with horizontal strips of velcro on the back of direct printed coro placards that were also direct printed. Use WET erase markers to write in the job info and just run them under water to wash off the marker and let them air dry (or use a paper towel).
Velcro is even easier then :) Hope you don't mind me copying the idea ;)