• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wheat Paste-able Media for Eco-Sol

joeb

Hello all! I am here in search of a substrate that I can wheat paste. Client wants fine quality prints on wheat paste media. I have found THIS media, it says compatible with PVA based adhesive, will it be compatible with the wheat paste process as well? If so, then this seems like a winner at ~150$ a roll for a 60-incher, although I cant find a local supplier in NYC, BH and Adorama seem to not stock it anymore.

Need a little insight into what qualifies as a wheat paste-able media, whether or not the media I have found will work, and if you can think of any other media options I have not found.

Thanks signs101!

TravinFlavin

Wheat paste-ABLE? As in your client has wheat paste they want to use on your supplied media? If that's the case, just about everything is wheat paste-able. Regular old paper flyers are put up with wheat paste.

burgmurk

Hello all! I am here in search of a substrate that I can wheat paste. Client wants fine quality prints on wheat paste media. I have found THIS media, it says compatible with PVA based adhesive, will it be compatible with the wheat paste process as well?

Thanks signs101!

"paste-up" works best with a lightweight paper. the link you posted is probably a tad heavy, but i imagine it would still work.
"blue back" paper is what you need (the blue back gives it a little bit of block out functionality). I've seen it under many brands, but wouldn't be surprised if it's all from one factory. Here's one companies version as an example, but just call your regular suppliers and ask about it.
http://www.sihlgroup.com/Content/pa...rID=1&GrpID=5&CatID=31&FamID=463&ctl=products

I'd personally do a test and get the client to try sticking it up before committing to a large run.

joeb

Thanks for your reply! I buy from S&F, I asked my guy there about something for this job, he mentioned a 7mil Neenah brand paper for ~120 a roll or so. I didn't mention "blue back" to him. I will send him an email now!