• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When Good Monitors Go Bad !!!

Sign Works

First thing yesterday morning I boot up my main system and my cherished Viewsonic P220f dosen't come on, hooked it up to the RIP server computer and nothing, makes all it's usual little noises but no picture at all, I'm assuming that the main tube fried, is there any way to have a crt monitor checked to see if it's totally fried? Hey I don't expect anything to last forever but the problem now is that my other monitors simply just don't compare to the quality of that original P220f, the color on my other P220fb and on my G220fb are lame compared to the original. That original one was the oldest and must have had a different tube or something, these others appear that the colors are not as vivid and they seem to be brighter which effects the color, yes I can adjust the contrast & brightness but that actually seems to distort the color even more, man this is gonna take a while to get used to and the bad part is that Viewsonic dosen't make these monster monitors any longer, maybe it's time to go to LCD monitors but I've heard that the CRT's are actually better for graphics. Guess I'm mainly venting here but was also wondering if anyone else has encountered this as well.

S

Sign-Man Signs

I feel your pain. I finally just quit buying them and now by HDTV's. Bigger and have a warranty. Few dollars more but all the new ones can s-cable from your computer.