• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question When You Request An Account With A Wholesaler. . . .

Garrett

When you are actively looking and researching for a NEW wholesale printer that you can outsource jobs to at what point do you typically request an account with them?

Do you typically request an account because you are ready to outsource right then?

OR

Do you typically just request an account and have it available for later when you do have the business to outsource?

I am head of marketing for a wholesale printer and I would greatly appreciate any feedback to these questions.
Recently we have had several new accounts activated only to have the user not login.

In an effort to better serve our existing partners and the ones we will serve in the future I am just trying to understand this behavior better.

Thanks in advance :)

2B

Both,
  • if it is an order ready to be placed, create an account and place the order.
  • as resources are found, they are evaluated.
    • Most Wholesale providers require an account to see prices AS IT SHOULD BE
    • in this case, the account is created and compared to sources already used.
The latter option is more often the case, as most current wholesale sources offer a lot of the same products.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If I don't have an account with someone and wish to do business with them, they'll generally make us fill out a credit application and that's about it. Answer the questions and you either get set up..... or you don't. Most today, won't set you up, until you have a proven track record with them. Have a vendor, which took about 4 years to get any kinda credit and we had a clean record with them. We did about $2,500 a month with them and it still took that long.

If you're handing out accounts and no one is login, perhaps the people don't want to use you because of price, quality or service.... or maybe some combinations of them. If I do my homework, I'll pretty much know if I'll be using them routinely or in a pinch.

If you wanna sell your stuff here, you'll need to get a Merchant Membership.

Garrett

If I don't have an account with someone and wish to do business with them, they'll generally make us fill out a credit application and that's about it. Answer the questions and you either get set up..... or you don't. Most today, won't set you up, until you have a proven track record with them. Have a vendor, which took about 4 years to get any kinda credit and we had a clean record with them. We did about $2,500 a month with them and it still took that long.

If you're handing out accounts and no one is login, perhaps the people don't want to use you because of price, quality or service.... or maybe some combinations of them. If I do my homework, I'll pretty much know if I'll be using them routinely or in a pinch.

If you wanna sell your stuff here, you'll need to get a Merchant Membership.

Thanks for the feedback Gino.

It is not my intention to sell just genuinely want to improve our marketing efforts but thank you for the heads up on the Merchant Membership.

Garrett

Both,
  • if it is an order ready to be placed, create an account and place the order.
  • as resources are found, they are evaluated.
    • Most Wholesale providers require an account to see prices AS IT SHOULD BE
    • in this case, the account is created and compared to sources already used.
The latter option is more often the case, as most current wholesale sources offer a lot of the same products.

Thanks for the feedback 2B!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We sign up for many accounts and only use a few... Sometimes, pricing may not be ideal vs current vendors, logistics don't make sense (cost to ship, lead time, etc), or it could be that we don't have a project specifically when we stumble upon the resource at the time.

We are building out a wholesale model too and its interesting that this came up... We were just discussing methods to entice users to do a trial orders and etc.