• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where can I find a template for a 13 Chevy Express CUTAWAY Van?

picturethisad

Hello all,
Looking for a lil help on getting a template for a 13 Chevy Cutaway. Just like most of you, I've learned not to trust the templates however, this client is about a 3 hour drive from us. It's a bit hard to have a full day dedicated to driving to measure this client's van and we've had no luck finding one locally to measure. Even called up Chevy and gave them the VIN # but they weren't much help there either.

My templates don't seem to have it listed or I'm simply looking in the wrong place.

Does anyone know where I can get a template for this or offer some info? I've attached an image of the vehicle if it should help.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• passenger side.jpg
    passenger side.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 214

ExecuPrintGS

Just did a ford similar last month, here are the sizes i had. The rear box appears to be the same. Hopefully this can at least help you out a little

Drivers door: 40.5" at the body line above the door handle.
The upper "box" was 133"x 26.5"

Attachments

• Truck-Scaled.jpg
    Truck-Scaled.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 170

jfiscus

Rap Master
The cab of the truck will be a standard GMC van body. Any template (I prefer PVO) will be accurate for that as it is so common.
From there, have the customer measure the overall length of the utility bed and also the height of it.
Make a new document in PhotoShop (or your program of choice) at that size and skew the photograph to match the proportions. (to scale)
Crop it down to that size and place it into Illustrator, etc and trace the lines.
Stay away from potential problem areas (under-size a little where you can) and you'll be fine!

picturethisad

Thank you much!

First and foremost, thank you all for your time and help. I appreciate it!

MPN, thanks for the link, but The Blueprints templates are just like mine and missing it.

ExecuPrintsGS: That does appear to be the same backing as mine and this should help a ton, thanks!

AM
jfiscus: you are correct, when I can confirm the specs making my own template/mask is always the best option.

Again thank ya - got to love most of the peeps on Signs101.