• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can one get an RV Template?

XGT

Im just getting into the graphics industry and have a customer that needs his rv wrapped. The graphic designer wants a template if I can supply one or something close. I found one at the link below however I feel that the $300 is a lot to invest for potentially one template.

Anyone know where I can just buy ONE template for an RV or something similar?

Thanks
Raymond

Pro Vehicle Outlines Find Your Vehicle

OhioSigns

You could take pictures directly from all sides. Measure known points on the vehicle and scale the pictures to size in your software.

papabud

Lone Wolf
its hard to find an elevation or template that will be to the correct size.
there are always minor differences in each model. i have seen windows shift as much as 4 inches.
best way is to physically look at the one your customer has, take a few photos. overlay your graphics and size to the photos and your measurements.

XGT

ok. I appreciate the responses.

Just to verify the best color format is RGB rather than PMS/CYMK? (roland xc540)

And the graphic designer wants to know if I am able to use an adobe Illustrator CC file (or will I have to convert it)?

Thanks again for the help.
Raymond

AKwrapguy

ok. I appreciate the responses.

Just to verify the best color format is RGB rather than PMS/CYMK? (roland xc540)

And the graphic designer wants to know if I am able to use an adobe Illustrator CC file (or will I have to convert it)?

Thanks again for the help.
Raymond

Color format depends on project, printer profiles and end results needed. Most rips will take RGB/Spot (PMS) to CMYKLcLm since mainstream large format printers are not going to have Red, Green, or Blue ink.
As far as you being able to use an Adobe Illustrator file, it all depends on your set up. What Rip your using, what your software is, etc... If you not sure use a .pdf as they are pretty universal.

Are you trying to match existing graphics or are you putting new graphics on your friends RV?

I would suggest you watch some tutorials on your printer and rip software. What printer, plotter, and laminator do you have?

XGT

I am using the versaworks 5.51 (the most current version).

We are not trying to match graphics. Its going to be a complete wrap (he's running for state rep).

I have a roland soljet pro III xc540, Enduralam 64" Cold Laminator.