• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where do i buy roll media for my ENCAD NOVAJET PRO 600e?

blacksong

i don't know if it is in bad form to ask a question about material suppliers as my second post, but i am stuck here. i have been looking everywhere online for a reliable supplier for roll media for use in my (very old, but still very good) ENCAD NOVAJET PRO 600e digital printer. i contacted KODAK and they told me to contact a company called SYNNEX. i was running short on time the other day when i called them and i only had time to check on bulk ink prices... i didn't get to ask them about media prices, or if they even carry it. the prices that they have for bulk ink were, in my opinion, astronomical, so i'm assuming that they are equally as expensive on media (if they even have it). does anyone know of a good place to order some quality media for this printer? any and all help will be much appreciated.

also, i hope i am posting this question in the right forum... as a NOOB, i fully expect myself to make a few (forgivable) mistakes :) if this is a question that i should post in another forum, then please, let me know. thanks again!

OldPaint

welcome. 1st off, NOTHING FOR BIG PRINTERS IS GONA BE CHEAP!!!! i imagine you got the machine for damn near nothin or FREE, but ink and media and carts.........AINT!!! i have an encad 736.
similar machine.
fellers.....sells inkjet receptive vinyl........ good luck

Bill Modzel

Advantag Sigh Supply or Lexjet. Pretty much any stock made for aqueous inkjets should work fine.
Just don't look at anything marketed for Solvent, Lt. solvent, UV or Latex printers.

OldPaint

dont get to warm and fuzzy..........next time we just might bend you over the bar stool!!!hahahahahahahahahahaha

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a full line of products for your Encad if you would like the best price available on those medias then let me know. Other dealers will have a hard time competiting with me.

blacksong

cibersupply-tt: i intend to produce general signs for outdoor applications, mounting on substrates such as MDO, sintra and coroplast... not to mention, being able to create graphics to use in tandem with cut vinyl letters for lettering vehicles.

wes70

cibersupply-tt: i intend to produce general signs for outdoor applications, mounting on substrates such as MDO, sintra and coroplast... not to mention, being able to create graphics to use in tandem with cut vinyl letters for lettering vehicles.

That's not the printer for the job...

blacksong

dont get to warm and fuzzy..........next time we just might bend you over the bar stool!!!hahahahahahahahahahaha

i might just enjoy it! :wink: hahaha, bet you weren't expecting that, now were you old man? just kidding by the way, i wouldn't want to give ya'll a heart attack or nothing... and besides, aren't we here to discuss signs?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Wes70, you are SO right. Unfortunately, without lamination, the Novajet Pro 600e outdoor ink durability is "up to" six months without lamination; "up to" two years with lamination. Vehicle graphics will be a durability problem. Blacksong, I am sorry to say this, but you will not be happy with the Encad printer for outdoor projects.

OldPaint

i have an encad 736............i have 3 12" STEELER LOGOS on my dodge truck, that i printed on it, you sittin down???? almost 3 YEARS AGO!!!! and i live in florida. there is little fade, but i didnt expect it to last anyway. i printed with GO+ ink, let dry then sprayed with KRYLON clear. i do a lot of short term outdoor and indoor printing with it. does all iam gona do. aint into hanging wall paper)))))

CS-SignSupply-TT

If memory serves me correctly, the 736 was the Vinyl Jet. It was Encad's "ahead of the curve" attempt at creating a latex printer for uncoated materials.

blacksong

That's not the printer for the job...

don't i know it! it's not my decision though... i have to work with what i have, and i have the encad novajet pro 600e. maybe once this shop becomes profitable we can upgrade, but for now, that is all the owner will let me have. i think he got it for super cheap from our neighbor who runs a tattoo shop. i have plenty of overlayment materials and i'm using GO+ inks. i think it will be fine for now.

OldPaint

If memory serves me correctly, the 736 was the Vinyl Jet. It was Encad's "ahead of the curve" attempt at creating a latex printer for uncoated materials.
YOUR RIGHT.......but mine is just a PLAIN ENCAD 736. does not have the 220V heaters that the VINYL JET had.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Graphic Resource Systems sells the media that will work with your Encad printer. Give us a call and we can help you out (973) 808-8600

wes70

I have a HP Z2100 pigment printer and use it from time to time to print small outdoor signs and yes the prints (laminated) last very well outside.

Aqueous prints are quite capable of lasting outdoors, but the media is soooo much more expensive compared to solvent media.

If you want an outdoor aqueous adhesive media, look at psa polypropylene, it's a cheaper alternative to vinyl. Laminate, laminate and laminate!

CS-SignSupply-TT

wes70 said it perfectly. Aqueous media is 3-4 times more expensive per square foot than solvent media. However, you will laminate for vehicle graphics for UV, Latex, Aqueous, and solvent. Why, because of the dust, dirt, grime, and road grit, as well as the solutions being used to wash the vehicles.

SAS

When I had my Encad 736 I got my media from Dixie Neon in Charlotte, NC they are a Kodak dealer and might be a one day ship to you.

blacksong

hey guys. i know it's been a while since i posted on here, but i am having some trouble with my printer. is this the forum to post questions for help with troubleshooting? i don't want to go against protocol. if not, could someone please direct me to the right forum? thanks in advance.