• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where do you purchase your print heads from?

BigO

Hi all,

So I am in the market for a new print head for my unicorn VJ-1618. The manual has a part number of DG-41914 (eco solvent). I can google as good as the next guy but some listings say "Mutoh VJ-1618 1624 1638 Printhead" but I know they are different; in addition its a month shipping. To make it more confusing some suppliers say I can use an Epson L1440 print head as it is the same. Prices range from Epson's $1200-$1600 up to Mutoh's $1600 to $2500.

I have a LLC with an EIN# (disabled veteran owned and
operated) if that matters. I live in Dallas/Fort Worth but no one has the Mutoh print head without a significant markup and wait time (I can purchase from china as easily as they can). I will also need some DX4's in the near future. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 189

marco-it

I buy from digiprint-supply.com, they have headquarters in Europe (Belgium) but I know they have a subsidiary in US, Miami.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
If the printer looks like a Mutoh VJ-1618 it's probably just a rebranded Mutoh which is really common. I'd use the Mutoh head. I don't think the Mutoh heads are locked like some other printers but it's safer just to go that route and not that much more. I'd think you can get it for around $1500+. They are pretty easy to install and if you're not printing detailed graphics you often don't even have to re-calibrate much.

solventinkjet is awesome. They likely have that head and if not it's usually pretty easy to find.