Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where do you store your rolls of laminate???

Discussion in 'Materials' started by max, May 30, 2012.

1. max

max Member

Apr 11, 2011
    florida
    Hello all,
    i am having a bit of a time trying to get all materials stored in the small print area that i have. i am thinking about storing all my rolls of laminate in my other work shop that i typically do not cool or heat when not in use. i do not use a laminator as i do all my laminating and mounting with my big squeegee...
    So was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me if this is a good or bad idea from your experiences. i am in north florida so it obviously gets quite hot here, so dont know how that will effect my rolls of laminate when it is time to use them, but as i say i dont use an automated laminator so am hoping storing these laminate rolls in the heat will be okay...
    thanks so much for any info on this :U Rock:

Tags:
  2. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    If they are in a warehouse that stays simi cool they should be fine up to a year with no problems. If your going to be holding on the the vinyl for more then a year I would try to keep somewhere temp controlled. We had 1160 laminate that had been sitting in the warehouse for 2 years. The heat in the warehouse stays pretty cool. When we opened the boxes that material was all warped and unusable. I believe our problem was that the paper backing was slowly soaking up water from the humidity in the air. It was just like a piece of paper that gets wet and you let it dry. It gets all wrinkly and hard.

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    the best place for it would be somewhere that's cool and dry, never store it in heat.

4. max

max Member

Apr 11, 2011
    florida
    darn, i was afraid of that... guess its back to the drawing board.
    thanks for all your input

5. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    i store mine in a warehouse that has no AC at all. It gets hot, no issues.

6. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    build wall racks to store them in your print room, line the walls to the ceiling with them