• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Where to buy a DX4 printhead

phototec

Got my replacement DX4 printhead for my Roland SP540V from:

solventinkjet.com.

It was my first time to change out a printhead so it took me a little while to replace, however, I was able to do it and saved the $500 the tech would have charged. The printer has been working fine now for almost a year.

2B

we have replaced the heads on our Roland printers several times.
some of the suppliers were good and some were not so good.

the latest source was Sign-in-China.com - Online Wholesale for AD & Signage Product and their heads have performed flawlessly

on a suggestion point, set up a go pro and record the disassembly process, keep all screws in separate containers and label the order that they were removed,
doing this will make the reassembly MUCH easier as there will always be questions on where all the parts go.

be very careful not to get any fluids/inks onto the heads/cables. ruined a head by dripping some cleaning fluid on the connectors

2B

Digiprint supplies

last few orders from Digiprint Supplies were total CLUSTER F!@#
in addition one of the heads that was gotten from them had constant nozzle drops and finally died in just a few months after installation. to which they blaimed the inks. which was also bought from them....

maybe others are having good success with them, but we will NOT be ordering anything else

Last edited:

stephane

Merchant Member
last few orders from Digiprint Supplies were total CLUSTER F!@#
in addition one of the heads that was gotten from them had constant nozzle drops and finally died in just a few months after installation. to which they blaimed the inks. which was also bought from them....

maybe others are having good success with them, but we will NOT be ordering anything else

We are sorry to read about your experience. Could you please give us your order number? We will make sure we check this and revert to you about it off line. Customer satisfaction is key to us.

Best regards,

2B

We are sorry to read about your experience. Could you please give us your order number? We will make sure we check this and revert to you about it off line. Customer satisfaction is key to us.

Best regards,

CORRECTION:
after pulling the records for the support ticket submitted, it was claimed the dampers were the cause of the issue with the head

stephane the support ticket # is ([HASHTAG]#20091[/HASHTAG]) for the head failure, there are other claim tickets since this that we have had to make for different parts ordered from DigiPrint

At this point, we are tired of the excuses, lack of interest in trying to resolve this and the other slew of issues we have had with DigiPrint.
when we started using DigiPrint (March 2016) they were good and we were happy to have found them. something happened in mid/late 2017 and has been a cluster ever since.

as stated others may have had good success and I hope they continue to have success. For us, we feel we were forced found another source

blufftonsignguy

I took a gamble and ordered my from Amazon. It was a brand new Epson DX4 ecosolvent head for my Roland SC545EX. I was lucky enough to have a roland tech installing my new Truvis printer and asked him to install the new head on the old printer. He checked the head and varified it was a new (not reconditioned) head and all the numbers matched up for what I needed. He installed it and it works perfectly fine. I think I paid around $230 for it. at 12 years old I feel it was the best money I have spent on that work horse of a printer!

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
we have replaced the heads on our Roland printers several times.
some of the suppliers were good and some were not so good.

the latest source was Sign-in-China.com - Online Wholesale for AD & Signage Product and their heads have performed flawlessly

on a suggestion point, set up a go pro and record the disassembly process, keep all screws in separate containers and label the order that they were removed,
doing this will make the reassembly MUCH easier as there will always be questions on where all the parts go.

be very careful not to get any fluids/inks onto the heads/cables. ruined a head by dripping some cleaning fluid on the connectors

I would highly recommend sign-in china, as mentioned above. We buy most our our consumable supplies from them, such as dampers, cap tops, wipers, and so on. We've bought many heads from them for our SP-300V's and they work really well without any issues.

phototec

I would highly recommend sign-in china, as mentioned above. We buy most our our consumable supplies from them, such as dampers, cap tops, wipers, and so on. We've bought many heads from them for our SP-300V's and they work really well without any issues.

Does sign-in china offer sell OEM parts such as the wipers? I only see the aftermarket rubber wipers without the felt back like the OEM wipers which work a heck of a lot better. Also, I have heard the cheap China captops don't last as long as OEM Roland, the foam pad breaks down in them causing issues.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Does sign-in china offer sell OEM parts such as the wipers? I only see the aftermarket rubber wipers without the felt back like the OEM wipers which work a heck of a lot better. Also, I have heard the cheap China captops don't last as long as OEM Roland, the foam pad breaks down in them causing issues.

They don't have the felt back ones, I can't even get the felt ones anymore from my Authorized Roland Dealer, they send just the rubber ones, but I haven't had any issues with them, they work just as well. As for the cap tops, it is true the OEM are slightly better, but for the price, I can afford to replace them a little more frequent, they usually last about 6 months as oppose to the OEM usually lasting about 8. This is just based on our use as we run this machines like crazy 5 days a week.

Thanks,
James
Zoogee World Inc.

Southpaw1

I have been trying to order dx4 print heads from sign in China for about 3 days and their site keeps on spooling when it tries to configure shipping costs. Anyone else having problems with the site?

TimToad

As much trouble as we've had with a few orders from Digiprint Supplies from a delivery standpoint, I have a hard time justifying the almost $175 price difference being charged by one of the other vendors being recommended for this exact part.

Yes, time is money and getting things quickly is important if you only have one printer and a pile of work backing up. We have multiple printers and have some back up capability to fall back on, so the extra couple of days wasn't a deal breaker. I do hope they work out their supply chain weaknesses.

Southpaw1

I just purchased the SJ-540 from another sign company about a month ago. I have had to outsource a couple of jobs because of having to take the time for set up and maintenance, which I figure is a good idea before putting it to work. I could really use it up and running sooner than later though. I did hear from someone who tried to resolve the issue last night and was told to try again today so they can work on the issue on their end. If the issue still persists I will look at Digiprint.Their prices are comparable although I am concerned about the customer service end after reading some of these posts