• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Where to buy yard signs in bulk

Hi,
I have reviewed all prior threads and could not find this topic. Has anyone ever tried buying a large quantity of the 18" by 24'' yard signs in bulk from overseas, or a place in the US? In the process of trying to buy 10k to 20k, if I can get them at the right price and store them. Any horror stories?

TimToad

Do you mean the blanks themselves?

What technology are you using to decorate them?

If flatbed printing, the corona treatment applied in the factory starts aging and degrades rather quickly so you'd get progressively worse and worse print consistency as the panels age.

How many could your shop do in a year?

Do you realize how big of a space that many would occupy?

as the panels age.

How many could your shop do in a year?

Do you realize how big of a space that many would occupy?

Vinyl applied to the panel. Most likely would resale part, but if you could get them in for 10 or 20 cents a piece, plus shipping. Since we have the storage, they would be worth storing at that price. Unless there was an alternative, to the current price I am seeing, for a sign blank and economy stand of $1.79. I figured if you could buy in bulk and could possibly get your total material cost around a dollar, you could possibly compete on the high volume business. If labor would figure into the equation.

d fleming

You'll need to buy a lot more than 10 or 20k. Back in the early 90's I used to split container trucks with a friend, we both screen printed a lot of political signs. By the truck load was about the best price we could manage.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, is this the CPA side of you talking or just a silly notion ?? You wanna buy a sheet for a dollar or two.

If you're gonna be applying vinyl to them, they will disintegrate before you reach 5,000 sheets, unless you have an army of people to weed and lay this stuff down in record time.

Why would anyone wanna spend a small fortune on the cheapest substrate known ?? Til you go through all the vinyl it'll take to cover 20,000 sheets, the time for cutting it, weeding and applying, you'd be better off buying some high-speed flatbed and just getting in 1,000 sheets a week. You'll save more in the long-run than trying to go the other way round.