• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Where to find/buy vector comic story board

bigben

I've got a customer looking for a mural with a superhero comic story board type of design. I don't want to copy or use copyrighted image. I can buy multiple image to make a story. I've went though multiple sites and did not found anything already made or multiple images of superhero with a similar style that I could built a story with it. Ideally, I would like to have a male and female superhero.

Here is a picture of what kind of final result I'm looking for. Does anyone have a suggestion of how and where I could find what I need?

Attachments

• marvel.jpg
    marvel.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 521

rjssigns

IIRC there was a member that worked for Marvel. Can't remember the name...Chip seems to ring a bell.

2B

Can you go to the local trade / art school and have them create the storyboard, and giving credit of the design on the final product?

bigben

Can you go to the local trade / art school and have them create the storyboard, and giving credit of the design on the final product?

That was one of my idea, but time wise it did not work for the customer. The school said it would take 2 months to make the project and wanted to charge an insane price for it.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
The production page rate for what you are trying to do will be $400.00 - $600.00. But that would be with developed characters and a pre-existing story-line. The creative on that would dwarf the production art rate.

Then there are licensing issues. It would be illegal to use characters and story lines from copyrighted sources (i.e. most comic book or graphic novels). It would also be illegal to used the copyrighted character in a story of your own. You would need to create your own characters and storyline.

The client could copy the characters, or even copy a whole page if he wanted to, without fear of legal recourse, but as a business making a profit copyright laws prevent you from doing it.

bigben

The production page rate for what you are trying to do will be $400.00 - $600.00. But that would be with developed characters and a pre-existing story-line. The creative on that would dwarf the production art rate.

Then there are licensing issues. It would be illegal to use characters and story lines from copyrighted sources (i.e. most comic book or graphic novels). It would also be illegal to used the copyrighted character in a story of your own. You would need to create your own characters and storyline.

The client could copy the characters, or even copy a whole page if he wanted to, without fear of legal recourse, but as a business making a profit copyright laws prevent you from doing it.

I know and understand all that. That is why I'm looking for ''generic'' superhero like the ones found on shutterstock for example. My problem is that I can't find one male and one female character that have the same ''design'' type and in different pose so I could create a story.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Hire someone?

dribble.com or deviantart.com is full of artists that do this kind of work. not sure if she does the style you're looking for, but graphicmama.com does custom characters, too.

clarizeyale

Maybe you can find someone on the forums over at https://www.penciljack.com/

But you should expect to pay and be grateful for their time. These are artists that have dedicated their life/time/etc on a skill that they've spent thousands of hours on improving, practicing, and perfecting... I hope I don't need to share the 10mins vs 1 min vs 10 sec video of an artist doing superhero drawings to show what time and quality means to them and what that could mean for you.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
1. Go to an anime con
2. Pay someone in a furrie outfit 20 bucks draw something for your customer (trust me, it'll work)
3. Profit

Jeremiah

What is the best or at least a good free or public domain one color artwork site that is easy to download and use. I am sure there are millions of public domain drawings that are one color.

gpo

I've worked in the comic book industry since 1989.
I can definitely provide you with custom, generic superhero characters in the layout that you needs and telling the story you need to tell in the graphic.

Cost on custom artwork like this would range anywhere from $400 to $800.