• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Where to find images etc for vehicle signage, help please

markus007

Hello i am very new to this indistry an am looking for some help finding images and vehicle outlines for vehicle signs etc

What would you reccomend i look into using, i came acros signsilo.com, any thoughts greatfully recieved.

many thanks

Markus

Oh Fred, you tried this many times. There is nothing valuable on that website.

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Oh Fred, you tried this many times. There is nothing valuable on that website.

I half agree about the website because it's using software that handles the showing of images, handles the making of a purchase and handles the downloads. To do this, it uses some very confining code and templates at the same time. But it's not designer friendly.

If you ever took the time to look, you would not say that the content sucks. I can, however, guarantee you two things ... You will find hundreds of images that will not suit you and you will also find hundreds of images that will suit you and will also add value to a project, help it to sell and make you money.

BobM

I've used Fred's images and purchased his collections. All are first class and easy to use. Great source for templates and clip art from a great person.

I half agree about the website because it's using software that handles the showing of images, handles the making of a purchase and handles the downloads. To do this, it uses some very confining code and templates at the same time. But it's not designer friendly.

If you ever took the time to look, you would not say that the content sucks. I can, however, guarantee you two things ... You will find hundreds of images that will not suit you and you will also find hundreds of images that will suit you and will also add value to a project, help it to sell and make you money.

Never mind, I was in a bad mood. But as a former web developer please let me tell you that front-end and back-end has nothing to do with each other and it cannot be done by one person as you can be professional only on one field. If your page was created by a programmer, just hire a front end developer and make them work together - you'll be amazed. This is like creating a car, it needs an engineer and a designer, you wouldn't want to see a car made entirely by engineers :)

millersigns

Owner at Miller signs
Hello i am very new to this indistry an am looking for some help finding images and vehicle outlines for vehicle signs etc

What would you reccomend i look into using, i came acros signsilo.com, any thoughts greatfully recieved.

many thanks

Markus
We use the bad wrap for vehicle templates and aurora graphics for high resolution artwork/design backgrounds but they are pretty limited with variety

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We've been using the same tried and true method for over 20 years and hasn't failed us yet. Don't use "templates". We require the customer to bring the vehicle by for half a day for a "survey". Take photos and key measurements. Working at scale we draw a perimeter around key areas of the vehicle and design away using those perimeters as powerclip/clipping mask. All panels are printed as oversize rectangles/squares then pieced together i.e. each door = one rectangle, each fender, etc. with as little overlap as possible.

fresh

We've been using the same tried and true method for over 20 years and hasn't failed us yet. Don't use "templates". We require the customer to bring the vehicle by for half a day for a "survey". Take photos and key measurements. .

Yeah, we don't use templates either. But it only takes us a few minutes to get the info we need... We stick a 2"x12" magnet on the car, take a straight-on picture, and then scale it up. For hoods and rear windows we measure. I figured out the BEST way to scale stuff up using my magnet technique. If I had any idea how to take a video of my screen, I'd show everyone my super awesome trick.

FactorDesign

Yeah, we don't use templates either. But it only takes us a few minutes to get the info we need... We stick a 2"x12" magnet on the car, take a straight-on picture, and then scale it up. For hoods and rear windows we measure. I figured out the BEST way to scale stuff up using my magnet technique. If I had any idea how to take a video of my screen, I'd show everyone my super awesome trick.

Draw a box on top of the 2x12 magnet, mask the image with the box, scale to 2x12, unmask?

Sometimes nice to use photoshop to do a lens correction first or remove any distortion from being slightly off angle.

AKwrapguy

many thanks

Markus

There are many many resources on this. if you use the search function on this site there are several threads already with all this info and more.