• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Where to take old ink?

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
JAMES RIANI Good that you are concerned. Kudos to you.
Every municipality has its own rules. First, try an online search. See if you get any information about who to call.
If that does not work, try contacting your garbage collection company.

jwlllpl

We take our HP 360 and HP office printer empties to Staples. They give a small credit for each cartridge. We use credits toward ink purchases for our office printer. Forgot to mention they take printheads too. The owner just reminded me that if you have the Staples card you get double cash back several times a year on them. You can use the credit toward anything online or in the store.

Last edited:

JAMES RIANI

Leo Graphics Chicago
The 550s have a waste tank?
Yes the 550 has a waste tank that gets emptied every so often. Plus there is the issue of any bad ink (HP has a batch in the filed...we just pulled three containers), as well as used containers that have residual ink in them.
For those replying about catridges, etc please keep in mind that the HP 550 is a 63" wide large format UV press. The purge/weep of ink alone can be a gallon in a month or two.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We have a 55gal drum for paint waste, a box for fluorescent bulbs and a 5 gal bucket for batteries. Safetykleen picks them up when they're full and we file away the manifest so if we ever have the epa show up we have it. If you own your property, keep in mind that when you sell it the question of waste disposal will come up. It's much cheaper and easier to hand them years of receipts rather than have them start digging test wells all over your property.

Eforcer

I've been curious. A person I now said that he just pours it down the drain. I've been pouring into containers strapped tape around the rims and shrink wrapped them. They are stored in the back room waiting for proper disposal