• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which CNC Router make finest cut of details

pixworx

Looking for best and highest CNC Route cutter for approx. 0.2~0.6mm card board.

Main application -- as fine as possible, digital cutting table for short run printed as small as a business card, to post card & packaging box.

Am looking at laser cut table, but worried it heat will burn and darken the paper edge.

Bottom part, what's the finest die cut solution for short run small item?

THANKS SO MUCH

artbot

you're discussing router bit, spindle speed, move speed combinations. most every cnc can cut perfectly with the right (expensive) router bit.

letterman7

A router bit won't cut paper or cardboard without ragged edges. Laser or stamp die is the best solution here.

Tony Teveris

Create a file and provide the material for each manufacture or distributor and have them cut the file giving you the tool used, speed, etc. You should also visit to see it route once you narrow them down.

Joe Crumley

Arbot,

I kind of agree but there are definantly some routers having a higher resolution. For example rack and pinion units having pinions with only a few teeth, and a track to match, aren't as accurate as "Ball Screw" which gives the highest resolution. Wish I had one.

With this case it's not important.