Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is better latex vs solvent vs laser?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by JBurton, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Ere

Ere Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Colorado
    I have repaired printers since 99. I have repaired many brands. Both Brother and HP are great. HP printer will last longer in the end if you want one to keep that long. Toner printers will be the best for monochrome. Aftermarket ink and toner cartridges have no standards to keep and when the printers have a problem those parts and all contaminated by them is the first thing we replace. Laser is just the way the printer puts the latent image on the drum. Don’t be focused on that. I agree the the person who said HP is great and the toner assy includes the drum. That part is expensive but worth it. That means you are replacing almost everything that creates the image except the area that presses and melts the toner onto the paper. Don’t forget to use YouTube when you have a problem with a printer. Goodluck.

2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Question...

If HP's have drums and the cheap knockoff carts are shitty... would using a printer that has a separate drum be better for aftermarket carts?

I had an HP and the print quality was bad with the knockoffs. Now that I use Canon the quality seems to be just fine with aftermarkets.

3. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I have a very classy fix when my HP m148 acts up. I lift the front edge about 6" and drop it, usually followed by a smack to the side. I hate that printer. (What I really hate is the sales guys not replacing paper in the tray, sending the same damn file 10x over, letting it set in the print que, then someone puts paper in it and blam, heres 5 copies of door vinyl proofs, full color pictures for white copy.)
    Anyways waiting for a brother to show up. Still have 2 other HP's, 3 if you count the one that gives me the least trouble. (Yeah, my 560)

4. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Haha, dont hire me, I do that to myself. Its even better when you load it with checks and here comes 50 pages of crap.

• Agree Agree x 1