• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Laminator to get??

Indusign

Used Royal Sovereign RSC-1401C or a new USTECH AK-500 ???

I can get both for close to the same price. The USTECH looks like a solid machine.

If any of you have either of the laminators your thoughts would be appreciated.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I have one from QMLS....their house brand 64 and have had excellent support and its a solidly built machine for the money.

jayhawksigns

We got our laminator through PCSS, but its the same model as a USTech Pro series. Been really happy with it, just wish we would of gotten the heated model.

Bill43mx

We've had the AK-600 for almost 2 years now and are very satisfied with it. Just wondering....I see with their "sale" pricing the 500 & 600 are the same price, why wouldn't you go with the 65" version? We only have a 30" Versacamm but figured for the small price difference we'd get the 65" laminator and never worry about getting a printer that was bigger than we could laminate.

petesign

I have the rs-1401C GREAT machine. Also takes up little space. Best purchase I ever made after dealing with my daige for almost two years.

Indusign

Bill43mx Im thinking the same thing with only a 100 dollar difference. ill likely get the AT or Move to the VT-600 to get the single dial top roller control.

Have you had any trouble with the dual knob pressure dials on top? Are you ussing much pressure or mainly just the roll weight.

Indusign

Went with the AK-600, people seem to have success with them. Ordered it at 11 am and it got here at 2 pm. Great price, hope it works!

stickerman12

The QMLS looks just like the ustech pro65c that I just ordered. Only it is black. I got mine for 3199 plus 499 shipping which is a few hundred cheaper than the advertised price.

Indusign

i got the AK-600 for 1900 and 50 bucks delivery. USTECH seem to have a warehouse in Toronto. when you call the US number you get the Canadian office. I believe the QMLS ones are the same just branded for different places.

Bill43mx

You are probably up and running with it by now and have seen how simple it is but to answer your question......no issues at all with the dual knobs, you simply lower the roller until the knobs spin freely. You don't need any down pressure from them because of the weight of the roller. Very simple design and it works well. The ONLY time I wish I had a single control is when I'm webbing a new roll of laminate by myself. A single height control lever or longer arms would come in handy at that point. ;-)