Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which printer to buy?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by trimitbyrich, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Just curious to get a discussion going of which printer do I get. I currently have a Roland and have had good success with it. We're looking to add another printer and like the price of the Mutoh and the accessories it comes with. Any suggestions?

Tags:
  2. Cale Frederick

Cale Frederick Member

May 19, 2012
    Lexjet has their Epson GS 6000s on sale for $13,999. It is a bit of a different learning curve but the prints are beautiful. It is also pretty much a mutoh with green and orange ink. It even prints the same wave patterns like the mutoh.

3. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    What's your budget and what applications are you targeting?

4. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    HP L26500 is my general response but what nice you're in is the most important factor.

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Who has the best and closest service to your shop? And if you already have a Roland and are happy, stick with it. No learning curve, no additional RIP software, no profiling two machines etc... If you would ever need to you can cannibalize one Roland to keep the other going.
    System redundancy is a good thing.

6. john1

john1 Guest

Why switch if you already know Rolands and they work great for you? Don't fix it if it isn't broken :)

7. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    I would say Roland or Mimaki, everything else is junk.

8. i switched to latex about a year ago and am very happy

9. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    And how do you come up with this statement?

Every printer has their saling point...Find one that fits your nitch, your budget, your environment, your surrounding and follow what is best for your business location.

10. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    ^ Ignorance.