Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which way to go?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by rzr2rocket, Oct 4, 2010.

1. rzr2rocket

rzr2rocket Member

Nov 18, 2009
    To draw, trace, or design I'm looking at a Cintiq 21" tablet. I have Corel Draw but I keep hearing that Corel Painter is the tool I need. So to draw racecars, mascots, and cartoon characters would I need a Cintiq 21" tablet and Corel Painter? Is Corel Painter a Vector based program as well. Please share your opinions. Thanks everyone! I have a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet and I hate it. I only used it a handfull of times. It will go up for sale.

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN

My mom uses the Cintiq tablet for Photoshop and Painter and she really likes it.

Painter is Coral's version of Photoshop. Coral Draw to my knowledge is the only program that they have for vectors. I have Painter X and PSE 7, but I have never used Painter and I rarely use PSE 7 except to crop images and that's it. All of my work is done in Illustrator or Creative DRAWings.

3. round man

round man Active Member

Oct 16, 2005
    If you want to trace logo's and designs for vector output coreldraw works quite well with a digital tablet.

4. rzr2rocket

rzr2rocket Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks for the help!