• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

white adhesive side blockout?

jeffkics

Sign Says
I am doing some dual sided stickers.

printing mirror image on clear, then white vinyl, then putting forward print on white vinyl/grey adhesive blockout material over that.

Is there a blockout vinyl that has a white back/adhesive side? (so to cut out the middle white vinyl step)

thanks!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We do these a lot - we use Glass Apeel for the white side. It's opaque, and has a clear adhesive.

Edit - it's not actually an adhesive - I understand it has little tiny suction cups... I'll have to look up a more appropriate description of that. Just wanted to edit my post before someone corrected me. :)

jeffkics

Sign Says
Really just need a permanent white vinyl that is 100%blockout that has a white back/adhesive side (not grey, or light gray, real white with clear adhesive)

Boudica

If you find that let me know. Only solution we have found to work well is the Glass Apeel

Val47

I have that, its a 3.2 Mil Blockout Permanent White Vinyl, with clear adhesive.

Interested, what are the specs - like printer compatibilities? Eco solvent friendly? I would probably (usually) use our Epson to print on it. or the Roland XR. What is the cost comparison with the Glass Apeel?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Interested, what are the specs - like printer compatibilities? Eco solvent friendly? I would probably (usually) use our Epson to print on it. or the Roland XR. What is the cost comparison with the Glass Apeel?

Its compatible in all machines except aqueous inkjet. Cost is $135 on 54"x150' so it smokes the glass appeal material.

jeffkics

Sign Says
Its compatible in all machines except aqueous inkjet. Cost is $135 on 54"x150' so it smokes the glass appeal material.

Please post a picture of the adhesive side. just because it says clear adhesive doesnt mean its a true white, sometime its light grey. also, it says glass appeal is not permanent which means it wont stick to the clear reverse print all that well and when you go to pull it off a window it will likely separate from the clear

joeb

I have recently used a material like this as well, got it from SF supplies in Brooklyn NY. It's a general formulations product called

GF Concept®218 Windowmark™ Blockout Vinyl Gloss 54" x 100' 8mil

Eco solvent compatible and I have used it like you described: print mirror image on optically clear removable then laminate with this product for a second surface removable full color graphic.

Edit: just saw you said dual sided stickers. While this is possible with this material (I would laminate the printable side of the blockout vinyl as well), aligning the front and back images will be a huge PITA.... unless i'm not thinking of a way to do it cleanly..

Sounds like a very involved process:
- Print image on blockout vinyl
- laminate blockout vinyl with protective laminate
- print mirrored on clear vinyl
- laminate blockout and clear together, minding very carefully your alignment.

PS: this material is white black white i.e is has a black blockout core and white on print and adhesive side which i suspect is why it's 8mil.

Boudica

Please post a picture of the adhesive side. just because it says clear adhesive doesnt mean its a true white, sometime its light grey. also, it says glass appeal is not permanent which means it wont stick to the clear reverse print all that well and when you go to pull it off a window it will likely separate from the clear
True, it is meant to be removable. However, if you want a semi-permanent window decal - use a clear with permanent adhesive. the glass apeel stays pretty well, unless your trying to take it off. For removable/repositionable decals, we've done this with static cling instead of clear vinyl. We haven't had any problems. If you try to separate it, it will. But otherwise It works better than we thought it would. We've been doing it this way for a few years now