• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question White Flexible Cable

zigns62

I found one of my hoses disconnected from the pump this am. there was ink all over, I was able to repair and clean up the mess with no problem. I notice that there's a white flexible cable that runs just above the hose that was disconnect, there's ink on the white flexible cable. Can I clean the cable with out messing any thing up and can I use the cleaning solution that I have for cleaning the heads to clean the cablle?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Don't clean it with solvent cleaning solution! Use some rubbing alcohol instead. You don't have to be super gentile but don't be aggressive with it as the solvent in the inks could have softened the plastic. I would say just leave it be but getting the ink off will prevent it from deteriorating. It's rare but worth preventing.

zigns62

Don't clean it with solvent cleaning solution! Use some rubbing alcohol instead. You don't have to be super gentile but don't be aggressive with it as the solvent in the inks could have softened the plastic. I would say just leave it be but getting the ink off will prevent it from deteriorating. It's rare but worth preventing.
Thanks