• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help White MAX2 Ink on VS. The Problem Maker.

Fantazia

Hello again. Short history: My VS-640 was installed in June of 2013 with White and Metallic Ink configuration. Since then, I had to replace printhead (deflections on light cyan and metallic with light use of the printer - mostly art prints in high resolutions - and regularly maintained, but this is a painful story) and all dampers. I had "head wash" and "fill ink", fresh original ink cartridges and new capping, wipers, felt, scraper, etc - Just to be sure everything will be new and clear, and updated the white MAX ink with MAX2 (Roland rules).

The new White MAX2 ink gives me nothing more than troubles... I print regularly white ink jobs, circulate ink even manually every day, shake white cartridge every two days (ridiculous - because of the way cartridges are set on this machine, Roland had to replace VS series with VSi machines to correct this). Capping blocks often with white, have to keep it clean and wet with cleaning fluid - almost every day.

Now, here is a new problem and I would like to see what do you think: White ink separates in two parts in tube, just before Y joint. (See photo) No bubbles, but a big empty space in the tube. This shows even a few hours after ink circulation. Ink does not move in tube even if pump sucks ink. As result, damper with white goes empty, white prints become faint till white disappears completely.

My dealer said that MAX2 ink is more "thick" comparing to old MAX ink. It is like... cream compared to milk. What do you think about this? Maybe an other "Fill Ink"? Any solution?

Thank you!

Attachments

• White Ink.jpg
    White Ink.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 183

euronymous

My first guess would be that the seal at the base of that damper is not seated correctly. Try pulling the damper out, check to make sure the o ring didn't fall out, then re seat it

Fantazia

This is what I have in my mind. Have to check damper and all joints for proper sealing. The last thing I want to do right now! :-(

Hey Fantazia,

We want to help you get to the bottom of this issue and get it working correctly, but to do so we'll need you to submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland. This way, we can create a support ticket for you and communicate with your dealer to find out why this is not resolved yet.

As you likely suspect, this is not usual and if there were an issue with the ink formulation, we would have never posted an ink conversion (Max to Max2). We know this conversion works and we will be able to help get it fixed once and for all. Just submit the required form (link above) and we'll be in contact with you.

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn