• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White specks when I print

signguy35

What causes these specks? Static? It was printing fine and all solid then boom. These nasty specs show up. I just want good clear prints.

While typing this I got to thinking it seems that they show up when the part of the media that I role out is close to the cement floor. Would that cause static and pick up whatever? Just a thought.
fa20c09989b71464644987ad9ccaf088.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like ya might've picked up some contaminants, either through static or just plain dirt. It also could be something already on the roll.

signguy35

I'm going to try printing it again without it rolled almost to the ground. About 12" off and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
why are you unrolling your material? Looks like you are picking up contamination from the floor. Not only bad prints but you could damage your printhead(s)

Signguywi

Premium Subscriber
What causes these specks? Static? It was printing fine and all solid then boom. These nasty specs show up. I just want good clear prints.

While typing this I got to thinking it seems that they show up when the part of the media that I role out is close to the cement floor. Would that cause static and pick up whatever? Just a thought.
fa20c09989b71464644987ad9ccaf088.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk[/QUI

I had this same issue and had a Roland Tech in my shop at the time. He bumped up my heat another 10 degrees to 45 degrees and the white dots went away. It mostly happened when I printed a dark blue, like you have here.

AKwrapguy

Dirty and static. Never let your prints hit the floor, the take up reel is there for a reason.