• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who Else Has Horror Story

102RCR

I'm curious as to who else has had a horror story since Fellers switched to their new system?

Other then in the past 12 years we have never been able to get a sales rep from them to call us, things have always went smooth and no real problems. When they launched the new system they had to chase down a roll of media for me. Originally it was shipping from Bentonville, it didn't show up. They said the system was wrong and they didn't have it in stock like it had said. No worries, stuff happens. I finally get the media a week later. New system I understand, but they made it right, so I have stuck with them. Every since that day I have had nothing but issues with every order.

Is it just my luck?

bannertime

slightly longer wait time on the phone.....

I only use Fellers when my other suppliers don't have random items in stock. It took 20 minutes to order one roll of 751 nut brown on the phone. Couldn't risk ordering online because last time I did that, the roll of material from another state got to me faster than the roll of material 30 minutes away.

ams

They have cut down on their phone staff, much less people now. Longer wait times and they have a large delay to try to get you to leave a voice mail instead of talking to someone.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Soooo...... this is your horror story ?? Fellers longer delay gets you to leave a voice mail ??

That's just terrible....................:covereyes:

Doug Allan

1st world problems :cool:

did this say horror stories, or hangnail stories cause i have this hangnail that makes the skin pink & sensitive, and if I'm not careful it might tear off & there could be blood...

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

boxerbay

For orders i just email them the SKUS and QTY and to use our amex on file and ship to us. in about an hour i get confirmation and eta. cant be easier than that.

ikarasu

No fellers in Canada... But all our suppliers we just E-mail what we want, they send back a quote and we tell them to send it over.

Does Fellers list actual prices on their website? I never got why Grimcos website has one price, but then it's a good 20-30% Cheaper if you email or call your rep... It makes no sense to order online because of it. I can see them having "list price" if the prices were available to non members, but they're not. It makes getting new rolls of material I havent ordered before a pain to cost!

ExecuPrintGS

last couple times i've ordered matte lam. it showed up gloss... not the end of the world for me though.

We did just find out our sales rep is no longer with them and we will have a new person... see how long it takes them to make it out to us.

danno

Must be you. :wink:

Haven't experienced anything other than a slightly longer wait time on the phone...... which gives me time to watch the birds outside the window.

This is for you Gino.

Attachments

• 4 gino.jpg
    4 gino.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 200
C

ColoPrinthead

No fellers in Canada... But all our suppliers we just E-mail what we want, they send back a quote and we tell them to send it over.

Does Fellers list actual prices on their website? I never got why Grimcos website has one price, but then it's a good 20-30% Cheaper if you email or call your rep... It makes no sense to order online because of it. I can see them having "list price" if the prices were available to non members, but they're not. It makes getting new rolls of material I havent ordered before a pain to cost!
Grimco has to set up your special pricing for their website, then you can order and get another discount for ordering online (at least I did when I last dealt with them a year or so ago).

Snydo

With Fellers if you have an account with them the price you have arranged with your rep shows up on the website(after a few days), not the catalog price. However, if you go more than 3 months without ordering that product the price resets to catalog price. I always order from the site for our production materials, and through e-mail for Special Order materials. Our rep visits several times a year, and does a good job all around for us with questions and samples and such.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is for you Gino.

This is my backyard at home on any given day from dawn til dusk. Last count was 29. No young, yet. Once they hatch and come out, it will go up to maybe 40, then they'll split up for the fall.

tbirds.jpg

Then we have these guys all year long, too.

deeries.jpg

102RCR

As far as phone time being Longer I really don't mind. I just put it on speaker and go about my business. The whole online ordering thing, every time I have tried it, the order was wrong. Wrong ink, Wrong media, whatever I order It seems wrong. We have two shops and It was always the Kansas city Location gets things from Lenexa, the Bentonville location gets things from Rogers. If they have them in stock. Both are 1 day ships. For some reason the new system has Rogers as home for both locations. Again, not a big deal other then now it's a two day. I had them put a note in to ship from Lenexa for the KC location. They have no record of the notes every time I call. In all reality non of it is the end of the world, just frustrating when I have been told multiple times a sales rep will contact me and have yet to receive a single phone call.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
1st world problems :cool:

did this say horror stories, or hangnail stories cause i have this hangnail that makes the skin pink & sensitive, and if I'm not careful it might tear off & there could be blood...

They made a war movie about this
"For whom the bell toes"

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Bly

No Fellers here sadly but sometimes we have our own hell to deal with.
Yesterday I ordered a roll of bubble wrap but got corrugated cardboard instead...

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Remember when calls to Feller's didn't involve that annoying music and Frank's equally annoying voice? And their promise to answer in less than 90 seconds?