• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who posts at signs 101? What's your title?

Who are you in your company

• Owner

Votes: 52 63.4%
  • Designer

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Production Manager

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Grunt

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Misc management

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Somebody's functional alcoholic cousin that knows how to weld

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Are you the owner, the designer, the production manager, or the grunt?

Of course everyone probably likes to think they do it all or some combination of the 6 but to keep the math simple lets pick your primary focus for the poll

Post below your jack of all trades if you want :)

Last edited:

Scott Reynolds

Because Im going back to being a one man shop with a part-time employee, I'll would have picked all six. Especially the last one...

MikePro

lol, was gonna say... "what if all options apply?", but then again i'm just the "boss' kid" and option #1 is merely an honorary title at the moment.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm the janitor.

You didn't mention my position............ except the last one sorta fits.... a little..... maybe...... yep, I'll take it........ :thumb:

Border

all the above, in the order that the list reads from bottom to top. I even trained for both drinking AND welding aluminum in Germany at the Audi plant. Still not sure which one I was better at.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I like my title of Sticker Jockey ... implies a decent amount of design, and grunt magic. Really though ... Captain Awesome Sauce is what I put on my business cards.

boosh

Mike F

Other than billing, sales, and marketing, I handle pretty much everything as far as wide format and lamination is concerned, which means I quote, preflight, rip, print, laminate, & otherwise finish, and sometimes design, all the wide format and lamination jobs, as well as ordering materials and performing routine maintenance on our VS. I also run our website, our online portal for our offset customers, another website for a magazine that we publish and sell advertising for, and I make plates from time to time. They've got me scheduled 11AM - 7PM m-f because a)I'm not a morning person, and b)Everyone else up front leaves at 5 and sometimes there are still plates that need to be made. We're mainly an offset printer with in-house bindery and finishing equipment. They had been talking about branching out into wide format before they had hired me for something completely different, and a few months in decided I was the right guy for the job even though I had zero printing experience before coming here. A year and a half later and I still feel like I know next to nothing, but I guess that's better than when I knew nothing at all.

Scott Reynolds

I even trained for both drinking AND welding aluminum in Germany at the Audi plant. Still not sure which one I was better at.

Thats funny, i was about to go to MB aluminum training in Germany. I just quit MB three weks ago. It not really training as its just two weeks of testing.

SD&F

I am all of the above and occasionally find that I need to clean the bathrooms and kitchen as well.....titles mean nothing to me and only come in handy when someone wants to pass the buck to me. It's all good.