• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who Sells Corrogated With The Flutes Going Along The 48"?

gabagoo

I ask this as a customer brought me in the front panel for a display table. It was made of corrugated plastic and then bent to fit around the unit. i thought...yes this is a piece of cake...then realized that the corrogated needed to be vertical to be able to bend. the piece is 80" x 35.5". I don't think I have ever seen corrogated plastic with the flutes setup that way. i will add that the flutes were thinned than conventional flutes... does something like this exist or is it a custom order?

Mysticalvibes

Hi, You don't have to cut along the flute to bend corriboard.i think you get a much neater edge if you cut across the flutes. Try on a scrap piece and you'll see what I mean. Just cut through half way and bend it and you get a lovely straight edge. Also does away with the problem of the blade slipping onto a different flute

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mysticalvibes

Heres what I mean :)
167361b234781a873b1daf041e7bbca1.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why wouldn't you just use styrene or some other PVC substrate suitable for arcing. Why use Cor-X ?? That's gotta look cheap as all get out.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
48" is hard to find. It means the sheet would need to be extruded sideways, so their extrusion die and machine would need to be over 8' wide.

I do think inteplast, primex and Coroplast have at least one 8' wide line though.

Cynosure

Grimco does, but it is special order and will take a few days to get. I found this out last week after they updated their website...i chose the wrong flute direction and couldn't understand how they couldn't have white in stock....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

gabagoo

I am only trying to replicate what was done. the client brought in the piece and I think the reason corrugated was used was to support the table it goes with as a small display used for golf tournaments and such. After trying to source the product I called the customer and told her that printing a banner on a smooth material with a blockout and velcro would work to cover up the old coro with graphics.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, printing on banner material, velcroing it to another substrate and having buckling and puckering is gonna replicate the original better than using a better suited material, which is more readily available and probably less cost which will look far better in the end ??

gabagoo

Why wouldn't you just use styrene or some other PVC substrate suitable for arcing. Why use Cor-X ?? That's gotta look cheap as all get out.

I was asked by someone who is going to resell it to their client, so they simply want the corrugated replaced. I can tell they don't want to spend much on this as a stand like that is cheap as hell to begin with.

gabagoo

So, printing on banner material, velcroing it to another substrate and having buckling and puckering is gonna replicate the original better than using a better suited material, which is more readily available and probably less cost which will look far better in the end ??

...as I said, I am being asked to do the work by another party and from what I can tell..they don't want to spend a lot. She left me the coro and it is actually bent, not cut, to go around the corners. It is a very cheap unit and I question what they could have paid for them to begin with.
If left up to me I would rather find them a nicer unit then have to re and re some old clunker​

shoresigns

48" is hard to find. It means the sheet would need to be extruded sideways, so their extrusion die and machine would need to be over 8' wide.

I do think inteplast, primex and Coroplast have at least one 8' wide line though.
Grimco here sells Coroplast brand 60"x120" with flutes running 60", so that must be a 10ft extrusion die. They stock 4mm, but 10mm is a special order.

gabagoo

Grimco here sells Coroplast brand 60"x120" with flutes running 60", so that must be a 10ft extrusion die. They stock 4mm, but 10mm is a special order.
That is weird because they were the first people I called looking for the product. I will call again. thank you

gabagoo

Called Grimco again and was told that they do not carry anything with flutes going the 60 either. You sure it was Grimco?

SignShopGal

SignShopGal
You may have already solved your problem but it depends on the curve of the panel : have you thought about printing on vinyl, attaching it to a piece of thin plexi, heat gently to bend?

Ultimate13

We have a customer with a curved front bar that has coro with the flutes going the 8' direction, They wanted it replaced identical and it will bend pretty far that direction as well. Depending on how much curve of course.

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
I got some corrugated plastic in recently that was fluted on the 48" side. I didn't order it myself but it caught my attention for that very reason. I'll see if I can find out where it came from. Usually we get ours from Grimco.