• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who sells double sided laminate?

S

spmracing

3M does!

Attachments

• 51jkkqeZ+yL.jpg
    51jkkqeZ+yL.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 117

toodark

Doing windows at a zoo and they want the graphics on the outside of the cage but be able to see the art through the glass on the inside of the cage

player

Will it have white backing for solid images and colors or are you looking for the watered down stain glass look?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Its called mounting adhesive film....

We use it a good bit for second surface prints on acrylic which look amazing when done. There are several brands of it with different qualities like permanent/removable and permanent/permanent adhesive, optically clear with some UV protection, etc. We mostly use Mactac Colortrans but we have also used a Seal branded one as well. Depending on the use we might print on a poster paper for a short term or cheaper product but if frequent cleaning is expected (the edges on paper will absorb moisture) then a wet strength paper or a synthetic material is in order.

Ditchmiester

It's a 2 mil adhesive that is white on both sides. We order it with a single side Kraft release liner. But I think they have other options available. Give your local Piedmont Plastics a call they are our distributor. Another option is Necal who also offers a white double sided adhesive.

mpn

I'm having a huge brain fizzle.. Why does this need double sided adhesive? 2nd surface with a white backer right?

DesireeM

I'm having a huge brain fizzle.. Why does this need double sided adhesive? 2nd surface with a white backer right?

We usually do it the way you stated - reverse print on clear vinyl and laminate with white vinyl then apply to the window.

But you can also buy adhesive sheets/rolls and what you do is print on something white that has no adhesive then apply the sheet/roll adhesive to the printed side and apply the whole thing to the window.

I prefer the first option though because it's cleaner.

mpn

We usually do it the way you stated - reverse print on clear vinyl and laminate with white vinyl then apply to the window.

But you can also buy adhesive sheets/rolls and what you do is print on something white that has no adhesive then apply the sheet/roll adhesive to the printed side and apply the whole thing to the window.

I prefer the first option though because it's cleaner.

I just thought it was overcomplicating things for window graphics is all. Might have to check out some of the mounting adhesives from the above suggestions.