• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who the f*&^ does this??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
3'x16' poly face sign...POP riveted to the frame......and the retainer pop riveted to the cabinet .

1 hour job tuned into 5... had to get new angle. The electrician that serviced the sign drove by and laughed at me.. said it was the dumbest thing he'd ever saw on a sign.

0kxkDVZEsUfOSSrkOug0ik3w5rHyeJR76h_kyTFRqD0e1goUPCUHBBUntW3B2_eOEMbwhSAEtMs9ApnAyZ__9LxF8k1wiS4GdsSaq8WVHilZQcqnz33EbcxkLMd8YouBg1k-78BNQUo=w876-h657-no

equippaint

Pick up the pace TX, hope the electrician wasn't talkin about you :D
They were smart enough to hide the rivets so they cant be all that dumb. Maybe the face kept blowing out or something?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Glass company.
After glass their bread and butter is rivets & aluminum extrusions.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Z SIGNS

That might have been me.Especially if driving all the way to Texas to install a huge sign face onto a pos sign cabinet that you couldn't slide in on a hanger bar.Looking at the pics that's how I would have done it. Probably not pop rivets but maybe that's all they had on truck

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure about your complaint here, but a week or so ago, I mentiojed your one sign was crooked...... judging by that cross and those telephone poles........ I think it's your rinky-dink camera. Everything looks outta whack.

Your next purchase should be a decent camera. Even my phone camera does better than that. )))))))

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well my complaint is that they pop riveted the angle instead of using screws.. which made me have to replace it. And the pop riveted the faces so no one could service the sign.

Yea and the camera is really distorted, it's a Galaxy S9+. Maybe the 10 has a lense that doesnt distort.

Billct2

Ok, I will admit to pop riveting a lexan face a time or two back when we serviced stuff we didn't make. This was usually due to a missing hanger bar, or none at all, or too small retainers, and only rivets on top. Never a retainer though.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
faces kept blowing out because it was a crap sign from the get go, sign guy had to go back and replace because he guaranteed it wouldn't blow out again, made sure this time it didn't, made sure who ever touched the sign after him would think of him...

unclebun

Just a note to say that he did a permanent installation of a temporary sign decoration. Printed and cut unlaminated letters, which have inevitably turned white. If you can cut vinyl you should be using translucent vinyl for the best durability.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Just a note to say that he did a permanent installation of a temporary sign decoration. Printed and cut unlaminated letters, which have inevitably turned white. If you can cut vinyl you should be using translucent vinyl for the best durability.

I agree,

Availability of that stuff is getting to be difficult.