• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who the heck is jay*doc anyway?

jay*doc

Hello All!

I have been here on the forums for quite a few months, quietly looking around, reading the topics and helping out where ever I can. So far I really enjoy the site, aside from the occasional drama, but I try and stay out of those topics.

So about myself. Names Jay Huber, residing in the great state of Okleehoma. I still dig on the accent a little, being that I've only been here 2 years. I'm originally from Bristol, Pennsylvania. I owned a shop for about 6 years called Crusinart.com (not to be confused with the food processors) where my main focus was vehicle graphics and automotive upgrades. I also worked for Compass Sign Company for a number of years starting as an installer digging holes, to a graphic designer, to a Project Manager. My heart has been in the sign business a long time, literally half of my life, from the time when I thought "weeding" was something I could get in trouble for. Since then I've had some work go big, from Super Steet magazine, Honda Tuning, and even a mention in Wraps, very exciting stuff for me!

Back to my back story, a few years ago I got a wild hair to move to California and get a job with a big name in the industry. I sent out 50 resumes and wound up working at the one on the top of my list. Only thing was, the job was in Tulsa, not California... Hey, I made it half way right.

For the next year I had a dream job helping people learn and get excited about the wrap business. I try to avoid the word "teaching" when it comes to wrapping because I believe that the techniques are still evolving. Every time I turn around there is a new tool to try, different technology input into vinyl or something. So we have to change with the times as they come.

I am still with Fellers, working in Product Development. For the respect of the site and the paying Merchant Members, I do not mention where I work that often, I do not hop on every post and say "Fellers has that!" or anything else of the sort. I also stay out of conversations that are anti certification and will never say anything that could possibly get me fired. I am way too laid back to for that mess.

I hope to be on here and help where I can, and keep in touch with the sign world!

Respectfully,

Jay Huber

ProWraps

hey jay. good to have you. talked to you a few times. always been a good stand up guy on the phone. my biz partner enjoyed speaking with you in tulsa as well.

cartoad

Jay, Glad to see you here, we met you a year ago at the Fellers class, thanks for the help and advice.
Hal

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I called my biz CruisinArt too when I had a vinyl setup in a van I used to take to car dealers and do vehicle graphics/striping onsite.

jay*doc

That is too funny, I had a box truck and did the same! And in pure "sign-guy" fashion, I mispelled the name (left out an "i") but the name stuck!

jay*doc

Some recent works I've done

Thanks again all for the warm welcome. I don't get to wrap a whole lot of stuff outside of work, but occasionally I get to play a little. Here are some recent things I've done. Let me know what you think!

First, a scale replica of my car in it's current state:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

I use 3M 380 with 8580 Lam for the small stuff due to it's conformability.

A fun little Toaster gift for a co worker:

picture.php

I used Avery 1005EZ with 3M 8518 for this one.

And Finally, how a wrap guy does Halloween!

picture.php

And 3M 380 with 8580 again for the conformability factor.

Thanks for checking it out!

jay*doc