• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whoa....................... this oughta be good.............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was just enlightened with a phone-call that Grimco has opened a distributorship down the road from us. What should I expect from them, as I haven't gotten a lot from them over the years, but I have spent a small fortune on certain items ??

I understand they took over another company [Proveer], I think. That took place in the last year I think. I guess they've decided to get more aggressive.

:thankyou:

GWSigns

We buy a majority of our supplies from Grimco. Having a warehouse here in Nashville has been great. When the bean counters are slow in "authorizing" spending, we can just go over and pick up our items (with or without a purchase order number) rather than wait for shipping and/or paperwork processing.

Also, they will deliver next day on most items and drop ship those they do not have in house.

I really like the guys here and we have a great working relationship.

I am told (I was not here) that previously we did most of our purchasing through Proveer.

John Butto

Sign up with them on their website, you get better prices and also they will send you specials thru emails like their Friday specials. Kind of like a Sign Supply Diner.

We love Grimco and purchase about everything but our cut vinyl from them, since they don't sell Oracal, and that's really about the only bad thing I can say about them.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i dont deal with them much, a few things here and there and i did buy my HP latex from them. I had some customer dissatisfaction the few times i dealt, which is probably the reason it has been so few.

JBusch260

We've had very good business with them over all. They deliver to our shop a couple days a week, but are willing to UPS if we need something outside of a delivery day. But wow, being right down the street, that sounds very handy! I'm in support of shopping through their catalog and seeing what they have to offer you.

rfulford

I think you will like dealing with Grimco overall. There may be some location specific issues to iron out considering its a new branch but the overall I think they are very well refined for this industry. After you get your pricing set, get a customer login and you will be able to look up all of your pricing online. Also, their computer inventory system is pretty pretty tight. You can all the 800 number at 9pm EST and get a service representative on the west coast that can look up stock at your local branch and take orders. The same goes for plain telephone calls as well. I have never been placed on hold or had to wait for a call back unless I had to speak to a specific person. If your branch is busy, you are routed to a nearby branch.

Billct2

They made a big push when they opened their CT warehouse, which had been another suppliers site they bought out.
I have always used them for certain things, like .080 blanks but not much else. It seems like they only keep the "easy" stuff in this warehouse, they won't have a lot of products available locally and have to ship from one or more other locations, and charge for it. We have some great suppliers in this area (Garston & Hart) who stock most everything and deliver everyday so I really haven't done much with Grimco. Plus there are several other suppliers who I have as back up like New England Sign Supply & Hyatt.

darby07

I've given them a few opportunities to help us win some bids and as far as customer service goes, they are ON IT! However, at least in the pacific Northwest, they can't compete with other local vendors for things like corrugated plastics, and other flat substrates

4R Graphics

We have a Fellers and a Grimco in our city which is great for us both have good prices and they both have good reps so I have GREAT Prices the only thing bad I can say about Grimco is they dont have ORACAL (but I understand thats not there fault well was some kind of issue many years ago between the companies as I have heard in roomer).

Anyways if they have good reps in the office you will like them and like any other company if you stand your ground usually they wont charge for shipping on most stuff.

Typestries

Gino, I deal with Brian at the branch you speak of. On one specific item we buy in bulk, they give us great prices, and the quality and consistency of said item from them is higher than out other sources. So, I'm guessing either the others constantly get bad pallets, or knowingly buy off quality. So, happy customer here. I still prefer the family run Pioneer out of principle so I do support them when I can.

-Rick

visual800

Our Grimco in Bham doesnt stock 3/4 pvc anymore so the last couple times I called to order, it would be another week, so I declined. I used to get all stuff from them but am using aluma panel out of bessemer now. they have more aluminum choices. Grimco did send me a smale of LED lights but they kept calling to see how I liked them every freaking day it seemed and that kinda irked me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, I deal with Brian at the branch you speak of. On one specific item we buy in bulk, they give us great prices, and the quality and consistency of said item from them is higher than out other sources. So, I'm guessing either the others constantly get bad pallets, or knowingly buy off quality. So, happy customer here. I still prefer the family run Pioneer out of principle so I do support them when I can.

-Rick

The guy who called me was [FONT=&quot]Dave Leedom from [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Customer Development.[/FONT] Nothing he said intrigued me, mostly because they don't handle anything I like or want. Also, if it's the same company... or should I say the same employees running the show as before, I never cared much for them, either. No one ever seemed competent at their job, service or knowledge. I'd either get wrong supplies, someone else's order or stuff I never even ordered.

I dealt with a guy named Jeff Arnold, up in Connecticut on and off for years and got fantastic service and his knowledge was superb. However, it was only good for big ticket items. Here's hoping these guys will follow suit. Only time will tell. We are very loyal to our present vendors and will not leave them, unless I find we can save 15% or 20% or a much superior product.

I also am starting to see a trend. It seems some Grimco distributors are better equipped with knowledge and pricing compared to some others. The main Grimco, or original place, I understand cannot be touched in any area and keeps a very good happy customer base.

TheSnowman

Grimco did send me a smale of LED lights but they kept calling to see how I liked them every freaking day it seemed and that kinda irked me.

I have a couple suppliers like this. I've either ordered nothing ever, and once requested a one off quote that led to no order, or I've ordered a couple things from them a year, and they always are bugging me telling me about the "newest products". I've lost more money on the phone with them trying to be a nice guy, than I'll ever make placing an order. I generally don't need updates about your products if I'm not ordering them currently.

gabagoo

I have no experience with Grimco, being up here in igloo country, but the fact that they are just down the road makes them very convenient for last minute items you may need in a rush. I have a supplier within a 5 minute drive from my shop and it saves me so much time to know I can order and pick up in an hour....