• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wholesale Printing To The Trade

Jlcaudle

I am looking for any ideas and suggestions on where I may pick up some wholesale work. Im a new business start up in an unfamiliar city. I have over 22 yrs sign business experience. I have always enjoyed catering to other business but for the most part they came to me. I don't have a clue where to search for them. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm running brand new equipment and have tons of shop space. If I have posted this in the wrong forum I apologize, it wasn't done on purpose.

InstantOneMedia

Just start cold calling sign-shops in your area and ask if they outsource their printing, or ever have to turn down jobs outside their printing capabilities. If they do, make the pitch.

bannertime

We get a lot of local trade printers coming into my shop and giving me information on their services. That'd be a good start.

signman315

Signmaker
Just start cold calling sign-shops in your area and ask if they outsource their printing, or ever have to turn down jobs outside their printing capabilities. If they do, make the pitch.
I agree, well placed cold calls can actually be effective as long as you don't come across like a desperate car salesman and call the right targets. I've even gone as far as making up a fancy sample kit and mailing it to potential clients. If within a reasonable driving distance I actually prefer to show up or get an appointment to personally deliver the sample kit. If you show up with a fancy kit, looking sharp, and knowing what you're talking about then people are often actually in need of your services and welcome you right in...in my experience.