• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whose wrap templates are you using?

GP

Though we measure every vehicle prior to starting the project, templates may work for bidding and preliminary design.

Whose templates are you using?

Flame

Make my own. If they want a visual, I just use a pic of the vehicle and impose the design onto it.

xxaxx

We use Pro Vehicle Outlines 2012 ... works great. I still double check all the files to the actual vehicle measurements before print but they are usually pretty accurate. And you can download any new vehicle off their site as they show up which is handy.

Border

I usually make my own too but I just got some samples of the new photograph templates from BadWrap and it looks great with all the overlays ready for window perf, bodylines, etc.

Gonna try a couple of them for some future wraps and see how accurate they are.
I would almost NEVER print a wrap without laying a tape measure on the actual vehicle though, just to be safe.

threeputt

We do like Flame. Shoot the vehicle with decent camera, and measure and adjust as necessary. Turn opacity to 65% or so and work all layers with photo of vehicle on the top layer.

Also, double and triple check all measurements.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Pro Vehicle Outlines for years and years. Christian provides a great product and service.

Terremoto

The one I like is Art Station Vehicle Templates. The reason I say that is the various elements of each view are properly grouped so that if you ungroup in stages the whole page doesn't ungroup to 1500 or more separate objects on the first click of the "ungroup" tool.

I've used the others but I think there's just that little bit extra thought put into the Art Station Vehicle Templates that give them edge if production is a concern.

Dan

mnapuran

Make my own templates... easy enough, and that way the customer see's their design on THEIR vehicle

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I can't trust any of the templates. Had experience with all of them being slightly off when putting against true life measurements. So...sure for proofing purposes you could use them, but why do the work twice and pay the extra money for them? If you get your hands on their actual vehicle or even a photo of it from each angle...no only can you verify measurements etc..but also see any other issues like dings, un-wrapable accessories or panels, etc. The customer won't usually think to mention the bumpers or wheel wells are plastic etc. Even the difference between 2 years might mean a lot of odd curves or recesses on the side or tailgate, makes a difference in install and design.