• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why can't I do the firmware upgrade for my FC7000

Amy Brown

I am following the PDF instructions exactly. After I get to the part that says execute SEND.EXE it expects a data file with an extension of either *.plt or *.prn

Those files do not exist. I have looked all over the web and I can't figure this out. Any ideas?

The plotter is working fine excep that I am trying to use the perf line function to do pop-out decals and there is one step in which I cannot completer because that option is not there. (assigning the Perf Line to a particular condition).

I have a job to get done and would love to know what the heck I am doing wrong.

I have downloaded the firmware (FC7000v210.zip) from http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/ When unzipped those files are not there.

Thanks in advance!

Amy Brown

Now it doesn't work at all

Since I did the send.exe the plotter no longer works. I can load media and then it says "Error 1 Command Error!"

HELP!

CS-SignSupply

What software is being used? This error can be caused by the cutter language not matching jay the software is sending.

Menu>command

If set to HPGL, change to GPGL. Or the other way around

ProWraps

i HIGHLY doubt its your firmware. see post above.

credentials: had the same cutter as well as the fc8000

the biggest worry you have is the PLASTIC motor gear going out, which it will and there are no replacement parts. yay! its only specific to your cutter, like it was for mine (my fc7000, again YAY!)