• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why do things get progressively worse with every upgrade?

Graphics2u

Aren't things supposed to be improved as time goes by? I just got my Flexi 10.5 upgrade installed that I've had for 3 months, and within minutes of editing the first file I find that something has changed with the Optimize by Curve path editing tool. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so.

You used to be able to click on two spots on a path and it would create a curve between those spots based on the existing path. Almost everytime it would give you a nice new curve, and it would come as close to the existing path as it could based on where you clicked on the path. It was great for editing scanned and traced images.

That was too easy. Now when you click on the path the new curve is almost never anywhere close to the existing path! Sometimes it's just a straight line between the points. That means you need to go back and drag the direction handles on each point to get the curve you want. This was all done nearly automatically in 8.6 and previus versions. Once in a while you would need to drag a handle or move a point to to make the curve better but Flexi would almost give you the best curve the first time on it's own. This way will be a huge waste of time.

I hope I'm missing something, and if I am please tell me.

thewood

Maybe try Optimize by Smooth Arc instead? I have witnessed the phenomenon you described when using Optimize by Curve--sometimes it will throw the handles way off the screen. It doesn't happen often though.

Graphics2u

the phenomenon you described when using Optimize by Curve--sometimes it will throw the handles way off the screen. It doesn't happen often though.

I have that happen also. But that's not the problem i'm having with the new version. I might not be explaining it well. I'll try to post some pics of what I'm talking about. Might take a while, kinda busy.