Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does Corel open eps and ai files like this?

Discussion in 'Corel' started by john1, Jul 24, 2012.

1. john1

john1 Guest

Why oh why?

Open them in Illustrator and they are flawless.

Using corel x4 and x6

Attached Files:

• wtf.jpg
      wtf.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

My files import as eps just fine in X3 and X5.

3. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    How well they open depends on what kind of effects are used.......Some just do not translate to Corel very well.....

4. Deaton Design

Deaton Design Very Active Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Sometimes it works better if you save as a pdf out of illustrator then import into corel. Gradients get rinky dinky sometimes though...:)

5. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    why not show us how it opens in illustrator to compare. This looks like an autotrace result

6. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

I agree. I've never seen coreldraw open an eps or ai like that, It looks like something autotraced not an error opening a vector file.

7. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I can't say i've ever had that problem before. I've found that when it comes to importing adobe files, the only issue i've found is text showing up oddly, never an issue with vector graphics. Corel either imports them or doesn't

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    If it makes you feel any better, when I try to open a Corel file in Illustrator, even if it's saved as a PDF, it's always a pain in the butt.

9. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

i think it has to do with HOW the .eps/ai was created. in corel there is a "convert to curves."
    if this is done in corel then its exported as an .eps/ai there is no problem. if you dont convert then you get some crap like that. also if the .eps/ai was created in something other then illy, i belive you get problems like this.