• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

why does corel pick up the ghost lines when flexi doesnt

Emil

when i trace in corel x7 it picks up all these ghost lines in the image, when i do raster to vector in flexi 10.5 the ghost lines are ignored for the most part, am i doing something wrong in corel that is making these lines show up. this is the image
attachment.php

Emil

Attachments

• 26531017-A-happy-cartoon-rodeo-pig-with-a-lasso--Stock-Vector.jpg
    26531017-A-happy-cartoon-rodeo-pig-with-a-lasso--Stock-Vector.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 286

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe CorelDraw has built-in anti piracy protection (like copiers & US currency) to make it harder to remove those watermarks.

wayne k
guam usa

Nelson Newbie

The watermarks in the image are there so that you can get proofs for customer approval. They are not there so that they can be skipped over when someone decides to trace them to avoid paying the artist and the publisher their fair wage. What you are doing is called theft.

Techman

he making a BBQ sign? He making a sign real cheap?? Hey bubba. I kin make a sign for half of what the real signmaker charges. I use stuff ofa the internet.

ams

First of all in my opinion Corel is way better than Flexi. Second using that image without buying it is violating copyright protection law.
I did that only once or twice in my career because the clipart was like $25 which is high and I didn't have a lot of business or money back then, but also the clean up after the trace took a couple hours, wasn't worth it.

Emil

he making a BBQ sign? He making a sign real cheap?? Hey bubba. I kin make a sign for half of what the real signmaker charges. I use stuff ofa the internet.
Im so glad people like you are here to help educate me, you have been so helpful with your stupid sarcastic comment, try to remember some people don't know everything and are new to the sign making world

niksagkram

Im so glad people like you are here to help educate me, you have been so helpful with your stupid sarcastic comment, try to remember some people don't know everything and are new to the sign making world

Emil. To be fair, you did not indicate you are "new to the sign making world". Did some people go a little far in condemning you? Maybe, maybe not, but a little common sense should have told you that the watermark is there for a reason. Lesson learned?

BTW :Welcome:

Mark

Emil

Emil. To be fair, you did not indicate you are "new to the sign making world". Did some people go a little far in condemning you? Maybe, maybe not, but a little common sense should have told you that the watermark is there for a reason. Lesson learned?

BTW :Welcome:

Mark
haha yea mark you have a point, its just that its a little rude regardless, nice to meet you and i appreciate the level headedness of your comment.

Techman

One day when that first one STEALs your work then you will scream like a girl.. Give me a dislike because you didn't know.. Too bad,, I really do not care at all.

If you are around long enough to know flexi and corel then you are not a noob..

"Didn't know" is not a defense.

Andy D

Not to pile on, but I just have to ask...
Did you buy your copies of CorelDraw and/or Flexi, or did you not know you shouldn't
download those off of a torrent?

Andy D

Oh, and ghost lines are due to designers beyond the grave, coming back
to haunt you.... "Dooooooonnnnnn't uuuuse myyyy piiig arrrt"

Emil

Not to pile on, but I just have to ask...
Did you buy your copies of CorelDraw and/or Flexi, or did you not know you shouldn't
download those off of a torrent?

Ha-ha no I don't torrent anything Corel is a trial and flexi is for my job

Andy D

Ha-ha no I don't torrent anything Corel is a trial and flexi is for my job

Well there you go, you're on the right track, just put down the pig, walk away, and you're golden....
Don't take these other members to heart, they're just a bunch of grumpy gooses when it comes to copy rights.

OldPaint

and i got a dislike.........iam so hurt...........hahahahahahahahaahahahahaha
you post............and make a fool of yourself..........even a NEWBEE woulda know why those watermarks are on the stuff you grab off google..............AND THEN you say flexi......IS FOR YOUR WORK??? so your working at at a sign shop???? you will get a thicker skin........hangin round here)

ams

This is the reason I quit this forum years ago was the attitudes and bullies of this forum. I keep a low profile now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't quite understand the question ?? Whether you're doing this legally..... or illegally, if you're not having a problem doing it in flexi, why do it in corel at all ??

That's like saying....... hey doc, it hurts when I play the violin. Don't play the violin, emil.