• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why does Sign Warehouse have to suck?

bjones

I knew there was a reason I stopped using them after their HORRID support of my plotter and printer.. However today I had no choice.

Hard drive failure on the mac that runs my stuff means I have to reinstall Flexi, no big deal right? So new drive everything all set, go to install... Flexi wants the user and pass from the USB dongle.. no biggie, oops.. the label is faded.. For some reason, they printed with thermal labels that of course turn white over time. Now, i'm stuck. Can't install. So I can call the guys I bought it from and get that info sent right? NO! Not unless I fork over 50 bucks for someone to bother with it. This is of course after someone in chat spent 10 minutes to tell me to pay to get my own customer information, phone call same thing, email unanswered (but that's free!). Not asking for the world guys, seriously.

Screw you sign warehouse.

sar bossier

I agree, their service is pretty crappy. Ordered license plate blanks from them on Mon - they came yesterday, in an envelope, and the left corner of almost all of them is bent from the envelope getting dropped or whatever by UPS. Didn't even bother trying to get them replaced, knew it was a waste of time.

Graphics2u

Don't you have your original invoice or paperwork of some kind? Chances are it should have a user number on it and you could check with flexi on the password.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
it's been my experience with Comcast, APC, and other companies that once you expose their idiocy publicly, they find a reason to make things right or just help...

I usually go to twitter but since there are several from SW on this forum I'm sure it will get noticed.

OlsonSigns601

I agree, although having to pay for tech support has been a blessing in disguise as I'm pretty much to the point now I think I could go into the printer tech support with as much as I've taken apart and put back together my valuejet myself.

My problems with Sign Warehouse:

Sign Warehouse
1. Call em up and place an order.
2. Its been 4 days and its only a 2 day ship
3. Call em back.
4. Its back ordered.
5. Thanks for letting me know!!!!

Fellers
1. Call em up and place an order
2. Its either here the next day or I'm told its not in stock on the phone and I'm told when I can get it if I still want to place the order.

Sorry Sign Warehouse... customer service does play a roll.

bjones

Exactly Typestry. I wasn't asking to fix anything, my dongle is not lost or broken and if the label was not printed on thermal tape I would be able to read it and not need signwarehouse at all. My original paperwork doesn't have the dongle info on it, I dug all of it out searching. Because it wasn't actually Flexi but instead the rebranded 'LXi' the Flexi guys couldn't help (although I do have a flexi 8.5 license on another computer).

You know who helped me? APPLE! They helped find where that info was stored in a time machine backup that allowed me to put my old settings back not needing to be able to read the dongle. Mind you the mac is 5 years old and WELL out of any kind of warranty period.

The one company that had NOTHING to do with my issue was the one that stepped up for no cost to me.

Pat Whatley

Same reason we charge customers $25 to burn them duplicate copies of their logo cd or email it to somebody. What they see as "just burning a cd" actually means having to go through file archives, find the file, convert it into 10 different formats, burn it to a cd, and listen to them ramble on for 10 minutes when they come to pick it up.

Just my thoughts.

SignWarehouse does suck though. Did you try just going to Scanvec?

Speedsterbeast

A year or so back, I bought a new computer and when I re-installed Flexi I had to call them to reinstate the license number (or something like that) I got attitude from the rep there (maybe just having a bad day) but when I asked a question about the install, he gave me more attitude and told me that he would answer my question but if I have any more of them he would have to charge me. I'm not kidding. It was clear to me I would never use them again for anything after that.

Border

I spent a good amount of money at Sign Warehouse about 10 years ago or so on a printer. Their great attitude and customer appreciation ended the same day my cashiers check cleared...Not an exaggeration at all. They seem to be all about having a website optimized to draw in new sales but seem to forget about the customer service end of their business dealings once the money is in hand.
Not a great business model, especially in these days with the power of the internets and the Google.

CheapVehicleWrap

I spent a good amount of money at Sign Warehouse about 10 years ago or so on a printer. Their great attitude and customer appreciation ended the same day my cashiers check cleared...Not an exaggeration at all. They seem to be all about having a website optimized to draw in new sales but seem to forget about the customer service end of their business dealings once the money is in hand.
Not a great business model, especially in these days with the power of the internets.

At first I thought it was just me. Then I realized... no, everyone gets treated like that at sign warehouse too. Maybe they should go "undercover". Under my covers.

401Graphics

I use sign warehouse A LOT! They used to have awesome service (imo) before they switch over to a new cloud system in their office back in january (at least thats what i have been told why things dont go smoothly anymore) But its been months since the upgrade in their system so i dont know why they would still have issues. Now I have to contact them a few times just to get a order confirmation email from them and tracking number.
I do keep going back to them because they are the only seller of 48 or 50 inch print media that i know of. Offer me free shipping on orders over $300. and give me 5% off. (used to be 10% off for a while, but for whatever reason they wont give me that anymore)
I have never had anybody be mean to me over the phone, all of the employees i have talked to have been nice to me.

Techman

ut its been months since the upgrade in their system so i dont know why they would still have issues.

Because it is still nothing more than an Ethernet system. Cloud = Bullscat..

particleman

Sign warehouse has some serious order logistic issues. We will place orders and not get them for weeks with no notification, very hit and miss support.

For reliable dependable service we call advantage or fellers.

CES020

Offer me free shipping on orders over $300. and give me 5% off. (used to be 10% off for a while, but for whatever reason they wont give me that anymore)
I have never had anybody be mean to me over the phone, all of the employees i have talked to have been nice to me.

Fellers does free shipping over $75 or $100 (can't recall what it is exactly) and if you talk to your rep, you'll get better pricing from them as well.

Craig Sjoquist

Wait a minute you buy something from Signwarehouse.. and Signwarehouse is responsible for maintaining codes and passwords etc.. without charging for this service.

What planet you come from ?

Signwarehouse rocks