• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is Fabric Decal Material Raising up as it goes through sp300v printer

calvinh

I am attempting to print on some concept 250 (wall frog) wall decal paper. It was originally a 54" roll which I had cut down to a 24" and 30" roll. While the 30" roll works fine. The 24" roll seems to raise up on the printer. I'm afraid it will case a head strike. I roll the paper down on the printer to see how far it happens and it seems to be continuously.

I'm attaching a photo. I don't know if it is because it is a cut roll or if there is something wrong with the paper, rollers, etc.

Attachments

• paperissue.jpg
    paperissue.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 145

clarizeyale

I tried printing on wallfrog once and this happened as well. Had headstrikes and everything. When this happens, I do a combination of clamps and/or weights to weigh the material down, edge guards (comes with the printer), and/or even feed it so it's taut on the take up reel....

But none seemed to have helped the WallFrog but I didn't try much more after it wouldn't print right :/

I've learned that it rises sometimes because of too much heat or fans but I don't know how else to make it better. Like I said, I gave up after continuous head strikes and scuffing.

I attempted to print this on a HPLatex360

Most likely heat and/or airflow. I would try increasing the number of passes while dropping down the temp a little. When I get issues like this I usually have to step to something 12pass or higher. That allows me to drop my heat on the material.

JoeBoomer

I found that the best way for printing on fabric is to put it on your take up reel with the tension bar on so that it consistently pulls on the media.

Lower Heat and use edge guards are the two other tips I have.

Go Team!