• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is my Graphtec just unloading my roll when I ask it to cut?

TheSnowman

For some reason, I've apparently checked some box or unchecked something in Cutting Master 3, that when I tell it to just do a basic vinyl cut, instead of starting in the corner where the roll starts, it wants to go back to some other part of what it thinks has already passed through the cutter.

So essentially, what it does is just unloads itself, then proceeds to cut nothingness, because it thinks there is vinyl there for some reason. It's never done this before, for two years it's just started right where I told it to start, then worked towards the rest of the roll. I've tried like 15X and it's making me about ready to launch the thing into the dumpster. Anyone know what I'm missing here?

papabud

Lone Wolf
this happens to me when i have the page size set wrong and it tries to tile a job with the first big chunk being blank then moving on to page 2 in the middle of the vinyl.

TheSnowman

Man, I guess I'm assuming it's a roll. I've done it so long I don't even look at the screen anymore. I feel like it's something that's in my software because it has worked fine, and I got a little "pokey" looking around inside some of the settings for something I was trying to cut the other day, and my guess is I just jacked up some settings. Maybe I just need to uninstall the software and reinstall it or something.

I hate computers.

TammieH

Make sure your plotter is set to Rear Set, if you hit the "NEXT" button accidentally it will change it to front set, that will cause the plotter to feed to the other end

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Make sure your plotter is set to Rear Set, if you hit the "NEXT" button accidentally it will change it to front set, that will cause the plotter to feed to the other end

This.

You inadvertently have set it to 'Front Roll' as opposed to 'Rear Roll'. The plotter thinks the leading edge of the media is behind it and it's rolling out the media until if finds it. Pay no heed to all of the other well intentioned but wrong advice.

mfatty500

Did this happen after getting a fresh update on the "new" Windows 10, cause it just happened to me also, with the update it would not let me start my Flexi 8.6v2, it uninstalled it (Flexi). After re-installing Flexi, it spit the vinyl out. I just did a factory re-set to the Graphtec and all is well again...for now, this windows 10 sucks

TheSnowman

I'm running this on a mac, so doesn't have anything to do with the widows update anyway, and I haven't updated my OS software in years because I know most of my software will force me to the cloud if I do.

I feel like this used to say something else for #1. Does this look right? #1 was normally what I hit, but I thought 1 and 2 used to be different.

img_0387-jpeg.133112

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,381