• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why JV150 So Cheap?

K2

So I have been debating a new machine for way to long and I have still yet to make a decision. I am really leaning towards a Mimaki JV150. For their reputation and their price. BUT, why are they so cheap right now, promotions have them going for $11,000 for the JV150-160.

Are they fading them out?
Are they having issues with them?
Are they just doing it to stay competitive with all the new machines?
Are they just not worth the normal MSRP price?

These are the questions running through my head. I currently run a Roland SP-540v so anything is an upgrade at this point.. Before I get hammered about other machines let me explain why its narrowed down t this.

Latex - Just to big of a change I want to make. Small shop and I work with multiple types of vinyls a day and here thats not as easy with latex.
Roland TruVis - Feel like it is over priced for what your getting and I want a true printer and individual plotter.
Roland RF - would love to have but not for $6,000 more then the JV.
OKI - The actual printer I want but don't know enough about it and its price is about $18,000.

ironchef

I too was looking at the mimaki jv150. I decided on the hp 570. I also use different media daily, that's why I got the 570 and not the 365. Easier to load and the tur is much easier to attach on the 500 series

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

K2

I too was looking at the mimaki jv150. I decided on the hp 570. I also use different media daily, that's why I got the 570 and not the 365. Easier to load and the tur is much easier to attach on the 500 series

Do you like your 570?

ironchef

I'm still keeping my mimaki cjv30 tho and I have a broken jv3 that I'm debating if I should fix or not

ironchef

My payments came out to 575 monthly thru grimco's finance people. Not that bad

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Go for the Mimaki, I don't own one but a close friend I trust has it, it's a work horse. I run 3 Mutoh 1624 they are awesome. I do also have a latex 26500, I prefer the Mutoh over the Latex, lot of time wasted heating up and cooling down, too much electricity and maintenace cost

graph320

So I have been debating a new machine for way to long and I have still yet to make a decision. I am really leaning towards a Mimaki JV150. For their reputation and their price. BUT, why are they so cheap right now, promotions have them going for $11,000 for the JV150-160.

Are they fading them out?
Are they having issues with them?
Are they just doing it to stay competitive with all the new machines?
Are they just not worth the normal MSRP price?

These are the questions running through my head. I currently run a Roland SP-540v so anything is an upgrade at this point.. Before I get hammered about other machines let me explain why its narrowed down t this.

Latex - Just to big of a change I want to make. Small shop and I work with multiple types of vinyls a day and here thats not as easy with latex.
Roland TruVis - Feel like it is over priced for what your getting and I want a true printer and individual plotter.
Roland RF - would love to have but not for $6,000 more then the JV.
OKI - The actual printer I want but don't know enough about it and its price is about $18,000.
-

We have had a Mimaki JV150-160 for 2 years and really like it.
No issues at all- we moved from a JV3 fairly seamlessly thanks to the awesome tech for American Print Consultants in PA.

• Agree
Reactions: K2

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mimaki is just competing. HP and Epson both made a huge push into the sign printing part of the industry starting about 5 years ago and have quickly gained huge market share as they are huge companies compared to Mimaki and can afford to sell their machines for cheaper to gain market share. Mimaki is just responding by trying to get as many Mimaki printers in the field as possible so they don't become a forgotten brand. It's also why you are going to see a lot of manufacturers move away from the Epson heads in the future. Mimaki already has a few machines running Ricoh heads and 1 machine running Toshiba heads which I hear is running great for Dye Sub. Roland is already using Ricoh heads in their TruVis series. Mutoh needs to make a move in my opinion. Epson has not been kind to them in the past few years as you can tell by print head prices rising so quickly.

• Agree
Reactions: K2

dale911

President
I also have one of the new Mimakis. Wish it was a little faster but I got it to be able to do white ink printing when I needed to. I also have an HP. Next printer will either be a new latex or epson s80600 so I have a larger gamut. I could get a bigger gamut out of the Mimaki if I lose the white and do orange and light black but it's still not as large as the epson and I can use white and metallic whenever I would like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2

I also have one of the new Mimakis. Wish it was a little faster but I got it to be able to do white ink printing when I needed to. I also have an HP. Next printer will either be a new latex or epson s80600 so I have a larger gamut. I could get a bigger gamut out of the Mimaki if I lose the white and do orange and light black but it's still not as large as the epson and I can use white and metallic whenever I would like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well Im running an old Roland SP-540v now so anything at this point will be extremely fast to me. The Epsons look awesome but they are just out of my price range since I am also buying a new plotter.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
My payments came out to 575 monthly thru grimco's finance people. Not that bad

Wow, my guy could have blown that outta the water. Also 6 months deferred payments are given. Glad you got latex though! Good job!

ironchef

Wow, my guy could have blown that outta the water. Also 6 months deferred payments are given. Glad you got latex though! Good job!
Foreal?! Darn. Next time! I'm trying to sell my cjv30 so I can buy an epson or another hp. Depends how this one turns out once installed. Thanks!

DougWestwood

I use a JV 150-160 every day, and it works 100% perfectly. Not much to keep up, no big repairs (so far), machine was purchased almost 3 years ago. Very reliable and easy to clean. Have used Epson, Mutoh, and HP roll-to-roll printers, and they all stink in comparison.

TomK

I use a JV 150-160 every day, and it works 100% perfectly. Not much to keep up, no big repairs (so far), machine was purchased almost 3 years ago. Very reliable and easy to clean. Have used Epson, Mutoh, and HP roll-to-roll printers, and they all stink in comparison.
Doug, are you using SS21 or the ES3 inks in your CJV?