• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why would anyone need a 1.6M wide plotter / cutter?

PrintItBig

Are there any particular uses where a 1.6M wide cutter would be essential?

I was under the impression that a lot of vinyls come in a maxim width of 1.3M anyway.

Also, is it not extremely difficult to fit a 1.6M wide graphic in one section?

Please forgive my ignorance here.

Bly

I have a 1600mm wide Summa and it is awesome.
You know vinyl comes in 1500mm wide rolls too?

Before this I shortsightedly bought a 1200 wide one not realising I'd have to trim down every 54" roll I put in the thing.

PrintItBig

OK so some vinyl does come that wide but what do you actually use the width for?

Do you actually cut complete graphics that wide? Or is it just a work flow thing where you can get more graphics across the width in one go?

ThinkRight

Are there any particular uses where a 1.6M wide cutter would be essential?

I was under the impression that a lot of vinyls come in a maxim width of 1.3M anyway.

Also, is it not extremely difficult to fit a 1.6M wide graphic in one section?

Please forgive my ignorance here.

Everyone knows since you were above the age of 10...

Bigger is always better !
That applies to to 99.995 % of everything in the world.

And the plotter or anything else mechanical...
You may not need it that big but at least you know if you want too you can use it.

:toasting:

ProColorGraphics

Every now and then I will get someone that needs a large decal cutout. Personally, it is just nice to have for when the need arises.

CP Signs

I use to think that way. But latetly, I found myself outsourcing lots for bigger cuts. So just bought a Graphtec 64" Love it!

jasonx

Got two 62" graphtecs and same in the fotoba.

If you ever have a big job you can have less wastage on 1500mm rolls. Also doing vehicles with 1500mm you can save seams on bonnets etc.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Mimaki JV33-160 and a Summa S-160T. Great combo to have. We occasionally do countour cutting of prints on 60" vinyl that we can do as a single peice versus having to do an overlap. Also run a good bit of 63" banner on the Mimaki for 60" finished size banners. Also as Jasonx pointed out on vehicle wraps, very often you cannot do a hood/bonnet in a single peice with 54" vinyl but more often than not you can with a 60" roll.

druckhaus

OCÉ vs. Mimaki

Hi everybody!
I'm very new to the website, and I'm really seeing very good posts! thanx for everyone.
I need your help deciding on a printer to buy.
I'm in a big dilemma between 2 brands
Mimaki JV33 vs. the new OCÉ 9360 I'm really confused because I didn't find a single review on any of the OCÉs, but its totally different case with the Mimaki.
some people say that OCÉ is a good machine but saying is not enough! any one had a practical experience?

please help
thx
moshir

Hi everybody!
I'm very new to the website, and I'm really seeing very good posts! thanx for everyone.
I need your help deciding on a printer to buy.
I'm in a big dilemma between 2 brands
Mimaki JV33 vs. the new OCÉ 9360 I'm really confused because I didn't find a single review on any of the OCÉs, but its totally different case with the Mimaki.
some people say that OCÉ is a good machine but saying is not enough! any one had a practical experience?

please help
thx
moshir

The Oce 9300 is a re-branded Mutoh Valuejet. You will find many here with both the Mutoh and Mimaki printers, and they are both well-regarded printers. I would look at ink costs and service options for each in your area and decide from there.